Potential termite activity

My report came back and there is a tree stump in the back yard that apears to have had termite activity, no termites found. No sight of termite activity in house.
A bit worried, and not sure whether I should take the property.
How much would it cost to rule out termites there? And should I be concerned?

I was once told by a pest inspector (in Brisbane) that termites are basically everywhere, so don't stress that they have been in your yard at some stage - just make sure they can't get into your house.

Like Scott said termites are everywhere

I wouldn't be too concerned, just make sure you don't keep wood that comes in contact with the soil near the house and make sure the gutters aren't damaged or blocked.

Termites want food (wood) and water so take one of these away and they go elsewhere

Hi

Generally not unusual.

What type of construction is the dwelling ?

How old is it, and does it have any type of termite protection installed ?

ta'rolf

Once bought an IP with a termite history and annual pest inspections in place, so it obviously had had treatments. No current activity. Got onto the neighbour and had them replace a rotting retaining wall with concrete sleepers, also cleared away a pile of stacked timber. Kept the inspection plan going, it only costs about $200 a year which includes treatment if they find any, and no activity has ever been found. After 5 years I am almost thinking of canceling the plan.

3 out of 4 of my properties have had termites in the yard at some stage. The other 1 had termites in the house next door. (he had a leaking tap in the bathroom) None of my properties have had termite damage to the house. Termites live everywhere. follow the the guidelines to avoid them coming into the house and do yearly checks and it shouldn't be a problem. Termites need a water source and no sunlight so ponds against the house, leaking pipes, taps, etc will entice them.

Back