Questions regarding Termite

I am looking at an area to purchase that is famous for having more Termite than usual.

I am keen to understand the risk. On an average older weatherboard house that may have been built in 60s or 70s if there is Termite what are the chances of it being a knock down?

Can they be treated and if so how much will it cost for an average 3 bedroom house to be treated?

I can see people are quite scared of termite but I am not sure if in reality how much risk they actually pose.

depending on the area, you can do termite treatments from 1500-3000

and yes, if the termites are isolated or can be fixed, it can be a way to get a discount
also depends on where it is as well

depending on the area, you can do termite treatments from 1500-3000

and yes, if the termites are isolated or can be fixed, it can be a way to get a discount
also depends on where it is as well

Great thanks.

I was just keen to see what is the real risk that is posed and if it should be as problematic as some people think it is.

I am looking at an area to purchase that is famous for having more Termite than usual.

I am keen to understand the risk. On an average older weatherboard house that may have been built in 60s or 70s if there is Termite what are the chances of it being a knock down?

Can they be treated and if so how much will it cost for an average 3 bedroom house to be treated?

I can see people are quite scared of termite but I am not sure if in reality how much risk they actually pose.

The upside of a house in that timeframe is most of the frame-roof will be hardwood so termites will be into those areas,but they do come in through the architraves..imho..

The thing people are scared about is you can never be really sure of how much damage there is hidden where you can't see.

A friend had a house with damage. Termite people said it was contained to one area but when renovating 2 rooms away they were found alive and munching away at all the framework. :eek:

Another person I know had his house treated and then found them in another area, then another. He had to replace quite a few walls.

Yes I know people have successfully got treatment and never had a problem after but you need to be aware that sale price will be affected. Mention termites and half of your vendors run away.

lol, not being rude but reading a post about termites and how they move through a house, written by someone called Travelbug did get a giggle out of me :D

I hope you've declared your interest here:D:D For the record, I agree with what you said! :)

Back