Predictions 2014, perhaps his right:)

I know, more predictions again.

I am not promoting this guru, however I think what he has to say about property markets around Australia is pretty damn close to getting it right. What do you think???

http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/our-ex...-by-city-property-roundup-and-2014-forecasts/

MTR

i think he's pretty much hit the nail on the head. for me, i'm looking to invest in a capital city that's at about 7pm on the clock and i believe only 1 city fits that criteria right now.

I agree.

But I think he was a bit conservative on the Brissy prediction for this year.

If you look at past cycles and the natural '12-month-ish lag' of the Brisbane market, It's well worth a good look this year. Particularly inner-north.

J

Quite a good article and display of data. I personally would have thought Brisbane to be a little higher on the recovery stage, judging by market activity and client experiences at this time.

North Brisbane has gone crazy with property sales, just have a look on realestate.com and you will see especial 9kms out of the city that houses are going under contract within a week of being advertised, I made another purchase there myself. Plenty of good suburbs, and good buys around.

I agree.

But I think he was a bit conservative on the Brissy prediction for this year.

If you look at past cycles and the natural '12-month-ish lag' of the Brisbane market, It's well worth a good look this year. Particularly inner-north.

J

Would be nice to think she'll do well for us in the investment stakes too as well as being a beautiful place to live. Our Northern Beaches units are doing well too. Sydney is HOT!

Nice article.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael was a regular contributor here at the start of the previous cycle .

I'd agree with summary of where the market is , centra inky in relation to the markets I follow at the moment , sydney and Brisbane , though I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bigger percentage growth .

In previous cycles the biggest annual growths have been higher than 15 % so I don't see that as a massive growth myself .

Only point of disagreement I have with Michael is the type of properties he recommends . He discounts the lower end as being worth while to invest in .
We have done well , as have many forumites , by buying in cheaper areas .

Cliff

I think Bardon is technically inner-west? It is a gorgeous suburb. I grew up at The Gap, back 35 years ago anyone from Bardon was a povvo who had to catch the bus to school, while we non-povvos living in new brick and tile houses at The Gap could walk or had the mummy taxi.

35 years later, guess which area has the capital gains?

Don't think you can do wrong at Bardon.

Yeah pretty much agree with this. Saw it when it came out. I don't know the interstate markets well though. I think there will be strong growth in certain sub-markets and few big increases in the "old money" suburbs in Sydney and Melbourne once again.

It's quite funny how some markets are predicted to be flat yet there's still growth of 5-7%. I wish this would happen every "flat" year. :D

I've seen some strong sales already for "my" areas, looks like a clone of 2013 for me so far, i.e., solid, not super. Big number auction weekends coming soon should reveal more.

I think Bardon is technically inner-west? It is a gorgeous suburb. I grew up at The Gap, back 35 years ago anyone from Bardon was a povvo who had to catch the bus to school, while we non-povvos living in new brick and tile houses at The Gap could walk or had the mummy taxi.

35 years later, guess which area has the capital gains?

Don't think you can do wrong at Bardon.

Hey Tula, we might have gone to school together! I too lived in The Gap 35 years ago. I secretly wanted an old terrace in Paddington or Red Hill when you couldn't give them away.

Hey Tula, we might have gone to school together! I too lived in The Gap 35 years ago. I secretly wanted an old terrace in Paddington or Red Hill when you couldn't give them away.
We like The Gap too except when the odd storm goes through there... :rolleyes:

We're actually in Coopers Camp Rd on the way to the Gap from McGregor Terrace. We bought a small lot block when a dual block house was demolished and subdivided back to its two small lots. Got it for $370K which is a decent price for Bardon and are putting a beautiful big 5 bed house on it in the Queenslander styling. We're owner builders so this weekend sees me putting on the recovered chamferboard from a beautiful old Queenslander.

Theatre room, pool, Ilve appliances, ducted air, travertine in the bathrooms, hardwood kitchen benchtops. You get the idea... Should be a nice place to live. Will be good to move out of the caravan on site! :D Should update my PPOR development thread with some photos now the frame's up and she's almost at lockup.

Cheers,
Michael

Hey Angel, did you go to the Gap State High?

Jack Robinson was principal when I was there, and Kath Hamilton (?) head mistress.

I was brought up with "brick is best" ... hence my love for weatherboard Queenslanders and character homes. Go figure.

What are peoples opinions on the Adelaide market according to Michael?

Seems its the last to start the upswing, perhaps with Brisbane the best to get a bargain and hold medium-long term for steady growth.

I think the outer northern suburbs (smithfielf/munno para and surrounds) will have the hardest time growing with a lot of cheap house and land packages popping up everywhere. Also these seem to be mortgage belt suburbs. In the outer eastern and inner north/eastern suburbs i think there are some decent buys at the moment, with not too many places popping up for sale.

Thoughts?

No. Mum would not let me go to The Gap High, apparently she was convinced it had too many teen pregnancies. She sent me to State High where I met other SS Forumites.

Have you thought of getting an IP at The Gap? I haven't been looking at TG since we sold Mum's house in 2011. It is one of those places that is out of fashion ATM so I expect it will become popular again in a few years. It was a smorgasbord of unmaintained solid timber 1960s show-homes just waiting for a new owner and a simple reno.

Wow, Tula and Angel, I grew up in The Gap too! In fact the land opposite the high school was my grandfathers dairy farm prior to 1950! It went from Walton bridge to the rectory of the Anglican church and then back to the top of the mountain. If only we still owned it *sigh* I also remember Jack Robertson and Kath Hamilton.

Back