Prefabricated houses

Wouldn't have any links and prices on the China imports would you ?

I love this subject but I hate it because I've been chasing my tail with indecision for 12 mths now on just what the hell to put on my two , meanwhile they could have been done and rented by now .

That one of Yours Rump/f is a nice little place , looks good .

I've become a bit disheartened on prefab though, their prices have skyrocketed so for the money now you can just use a good builder anyway.
Even their time ratio , on one hand yes a house miraculously just appears on the block but on the other , after that it still seems to be 2/12 mths before they're actually finished off , connected and livable anyway . So your only talking a mth of two difference in the end , neither here nor there !

Lately I've swung back towards a couple of nice shift houses . They look legit and solid once finished off and are still 1/2 the price of anything else going on. Bank doesn't seem crazy about them though !

Decisions decisions !

Cheers

my design is nearly fully costed.

i can have it built by others for just over $85k or i can build it myself using local trades for just over half that.

instant equity!

alibaba came up with 19,000+.

yeah but you really have to find reputable ones in china.

take for example a laptop battery charger which i bought... only AUD15 however here would be close to AUD100.

Works fine excepts it overheats when used for more than 2 hours. stuff like that. China has many many opportunities but it's minefield as well.

anyway i will be going to the building fair in beijing in oct..hopefully get some new ideas.

Thanks Keith , appreciated. Gee there's enough of them , must be 100's. They have sheds too !

Aaron if you drop back , have you got a link to yours ?

Cheers

Its SA/QLD. Rivergumhomes.com.au

We just got our tender pack, 4x2 with upgrades, but they managed to miss the solar HWS they already quoted for, for $106k. It is $6k to get it delivered and $3k to insulate the floor though.

Certainly all adds up, but still quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent in brick considering all the upgrades we've been adding on. When you need a 40% downpayment not a 5% one the dollars do matter ...

One interesting point about finance for these little suckers that I just got explained by our sales guy, since we were grappling with the horror of "one big payment on delivery" that banks hate with a passion ...

This builder has got around it by requiring progress payments even though the house is sitting in their building yard. Completely contrived, but it gets them through the usual finance hurdles and probably explains why that particular builder has such majority share for transportables around here.

Very annoyed at the contract they sent us though - the finance page had everything crossed off except 'first mortgage'. I just got an offer on my other house so we have so many other options besides 'first mortgage'. Grr. I'm getting them to re-send a new contract without the big blue lines through it.

my design is nearly fully costed.

i can have it built by others for just over $85k or i can build it myself using local trades for just over half that.

instant equity!

Any examples? You looking at a product for the North? Prefab it seems is the most cost effective(long term) for Karratha and the like

Dale Alcock or ABN bought out TRHomes.com.au a few years back. They've really upped the level of design and spec and in my opinion is a really nice product now. I'm sure they'd probably look at shipping over east if you can't find a good operator over in Vic.

landed up North to full CatD specs is $120k for the 3x1.

still beats anything by miles as far as spec and finish goes - granite everything etc.

my variations cost more than that! not hard to see why - 30k fence, $40k freight, $9k electrical connections, $13k water connections...and thats just warming up!

email me some details BC...might have an application for it!

landed up North to full CatD specs is $120k for the 3x1.

still beats anything by miles as far as spec and finish goes - granite everything etc.

This your own product aaron? The same you mentioned earlier in the thread? Id love to see your work also. Im looking at dropping something in onslow in a year if i can find something suitable

my variations cost more than that! not hard to see why - 30k fence, $40k freight, $9k electrical connections, $13k water connections...and thats just warming up!
Damn ... our fence has been quoted at $2200 (and that was for 60m, 15m of that just got replaced on the cheap so we'd be under $2000 now), $6k freight, $6k water/sewer, and if electricity is more than $500 I'm going to beat ETSA with a heavy blunt object - they can just string a 6m overhead line from the pole out front without crossing anyone else's properties.

I'm guessing yours is a fair distance from services and needs trenching?

yes the fence is cyclonic, as is everything which is why it is so expensive.

the block itself tho, no its only 400sqm and is fully serviced. the house comes fully fitted off, so the builder puts it on the lot and the sparky runs a cable from the verge to the house. all trades up there are overpriced but i guess they need to be to pay their $2000 a week rent bill

Back