Previously Loved

What do these words mean to you? Previously Loved

• Run down, out of date

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Loved by those who lived there before

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Just inquiring what these words mean to you?

In context I have an IP in rural Vic listed for rent and the subject of the ad is 'Previously Loved'.

If a prospective tenant sees this listing, would they click in to see the add and pictures of the unit?

I take these few words in 2 possible ways:

1/ Run Down, not keep up to date or

2/ Loved by those who lived there previously

After a few votes I will post the rest of the listing and see if you think the heading does the text & unit justice.

I imagine as either/or too. Sometimes there are some great 'previously loved' bargains, hell, we live in one! And sometimes it can be old, but serve a purpose, a home is a home is a ....what you make it?

Not sure why you would use this description. To me, it suggest something a little worn, a little past its best.

To me it is more negative than positive.
Marg

pre loved = second hand and makes me think of the quality of stuff you'd pick up at a salvos or life line shop

I think it's negative and wouldn't let my agent describe it like that

Its a close one.

Well at 11.30pm the voting is neck to neck.

I suppose some see the glass half empty, whilst the other half see it half full.

Even if it's half half, why would you take the risk? Why use wording that risks turning off half of the people who see the ad?

So Very True

Even if it's half half, why would you take the risk? Why use wording that risks turning off half of the people who see the ad?

Maybe it right, maybe it wrong, but I use quite a bit of gut feel in investing (and its served me well) and this heading has always felt...half empty to me.

Thanks to all who have made your opinions known.

Cheers

Kaz

oh but don't forget....

This neat two bedroom brick unit has built in robes in both bedrooms. The unit features a spacious main bedroom, spacious kitchen and lounge area, lockable garage and a small courtyard. There is also a split system air conditioner for your comfort. With only four units in the complex and low maintenance, this is a peaceful place to call home. Others who have lived here have loved it.

Last edited:
This neat two bedroom brick unit has built in robes in both bedrooms. The unit features a spacious main bedroom, spacious kitchen and lounge area, lockable garage and a small courtyard. There is also a split system air conditioner for your comfort. With only four units in the complex and low maintenance, this is a peaceful place to call home. Others who have lived here have loved it.

Instead of "previously loved", the heading should be something like "convenience and comfort" (just as trite, I know). I think most REA copy is pretty much garbage.

Why are you including so much of what previous occupiers thought? It reminds me of a house I once saw: pink decorations everywhere, and it's so filled with the occupants' collection of stuff (very distinct themes) that I could barely see how big the rooms were. It's not that the stuff is unpleasant, but when I'm looking at a place to rent or PPOR, I want to be able to imagine MYSELF living there. I really don't want to know who was there before, or whether they loved it or not. I also don't want to know what the owners opinions are either. You have an air con, that's useful information. Whether it's for my 'comfort' gets a bit creepy.

The last sentence, in particular, turns me off.

That pink house was on the market for months. I told the agent 'you know, it's going to be hard to move this because it's so filled with stuff that no one can imagine it empty', which he agreed with, but the owner wouldn't move their stuff.

Bought an IP, cheap because it was blue.
Blue walls
Blue carpet
Blue bath
Blue basins
Blue kitchen.....

Painted all the walls cream which toned it down dramatically.
Marg

Better to surprise people by running no copy at all. Pay for good photo's & run lot's of them.

We are more likely to accept photo's as truth whereas we believe words are there to influence us.

If it were for sale i would think 'pre loved' falls into the 'renovators delight' category. For a rental i think renters (in general) are less fussy.

I think it may cause some people to not click thru but less than you might think as some renters may think that it will be a bargain to rent.

I voted for the negative for the record. If you dont like it get it changed would be my advice.

Back