Pricefinder vs RP Data

Had 3 months free access to Pricefinder but couldn't get details on all properties held ??

• Residex
  • Pricefinder
  • RP Data

Which is the better for which States?

I'm presuming others such as RE Investar tap into one of the above

Looked at parents property up north (WA), Property in Eight Mile Plains (QLD), Property in Lethbridge Park (NSW) and a couple of others - No Joy :(

So No listings on those properties at all?

I have had one strange result returned tho - it showed a property selling for four times what it would have sold for. :eek:

Apart from that no other issues found on searches I conducted.

That was true until a couple of years ago, now it is APM data.

Do you know if the data is better/worse with APM than PF matt? I have been thinking about choosing between Investar or PF as my best two options, just Inv is so much more expensive not sure the extra search functions give me the value or not.

Do you know if the data is better/worse with APM than PF matt? I have been thinking about choosing between Investar or PF as my best two options, just Inv is so much more expensive not sure the extra search functions give me the value or not.

I have both Investar and Pricefinder. Not sure on the quality of the data. I don't use either of them for price estimates. I rely on my understanding of the local market.

Investar pros: Better for listings across multiple websites and can search current listings by key word across all sites.
Investar cons: Was better when they used the pricefinder suburb overview tool to review an area. Doesn't have full contact details to call an owner directly

Pricefinder pros: 1. Have a great search functionality, where you can move over a map, seeing all sale prices for the last 20+ years for each property, then number of beds, block size etc. Really really handy.
2. Can download contact details of every property that meets certain criteria, based on a search area (i.e. over 800 sqm) into a spreadsheet

Pricefinder cons: Have been advised that the listings don't include realestate.com.au or domain.com.au

Applications:
I typically use investar as a search tool for what is on the market across all websites. When actively searching, it probably saves me an hour a day to have it all consolidated in one place, rather than searching across 30+ potential sites. Great that it gives you smaller website listings that many would miss by only searching the major sites.

I use pricefinder when I want to explore an area, to find suitable development sites and to contact owners to see if they are interested in selling.

Hope this assists.

Cheers,
Matt

it does matt thanks heaps. Definitely confirms what I thought but didn't want to admit to myself. Eventually I need to pony up the dough and get both.

Propertyunit PM +1 please :)

I recently spoke to Commbank and they said that running a search on RP cost them $70. Without having used Pricefinder, I find RP not too bad from what I've been exposed to (properties in differing QLD areas).

propertunity - would just like to acknowledge that you now appear to have kindly sent 15 or more PM's with these views and no complaints!

kudos sent and I now owe you lunch when I am next in your area!!!

About 2 months through my PriceFinder free 3month subscription, been pretty happy with it. Its served its purpose.

And as of today I managed to pick up 3 month subscription to RP Data Pro, already had access to a limited RP Data through work.

Feed back to follow

Back