Pride

Went to my Son's footy presentation yesterday and watched with pride how the kids embraced the day. It didn't matter where they came for the year, or how many tries were scored, or the for/against total etc. The were just so happy to have been given the opportunity to play. Now my son isn't the fastest sprinter in the team, or the biggest try scorer or the playmaker but he went out every week and gave 100% commitment and never, ever played dirty. On the contrary, he would help someone back onto their feet, regardless of what team they were on. More-so, both management & players voted him unanimously for the Best Sportsmanship Award for 2006. I don't know if See-Change could help out here with stats, but I'm not sure if anyone has actually died from bursting with pride but I must have come close.
Here
JIM
PS: I think a lot of adults could learn from childrens simplistic & enthusiastic outlook on things, for all the RIGHT reasons.

Well Done JJJ,

We should all step back and learn from our little ones every now and then, they are here to teach us things that we should have never outgrown!!!

Great stuff Jimbo......

I was just talking with some friends today about how children give most insight into the parents' character.

I hope that is true - but I suspect mine reflect more than I deserve:)

Nice post mate. I feel the same when my girls achieve.

Just finished a game of Cluedo with the kids - my son won, to his great delight :)

He's as good as figurin' as his old man now - all he lacks are the years of experience to tune it.

My daughter is the Monopoly queen (at 7 years old) - so we'll see how that pans out later in life.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Now my son isn't the fastest sprinter in the team, or the biggest try scorer or the playmaker but he went out every week and gave 100% commitment and never, ever played dirty. On the contrary, he would help someone back onto their feet, regardless of what team they were on. More-so, both management & players voted him unanimously for the Best Sportsmanship Award for 2006.
Well done to Jack, Jim.

But what would you expect, with such a good bloke for a father :)

Jamie.

Hiya Jim

Nice :)

One of my mentors clued me up when my first was about 2 years old.

She said " Dont forget to see the world through your childrens eyes"

If we can all do that and overlay that with the positives from our "adult" experience, life is indeed much better and more meaningful.

Ta
rolf

Back