Probably not wise to judge a book by its cover

Silly boy!

He should use his rich dad's money to buy things that increase in value and put money in his pocket.

I don't envy him at all and he can keep all his liabilities to himself!

And what's that saying 'from shirtsleeves to shirsleeves in three generations'? This kid could be generation 3 if he's not careful!

Peter

Originally posted by XBenX
how many of us would believe an 18yo w/ more $$$ than all of us combined....

Here

Hehehe.. now thats funny :p

I see he's still having trouble coming up with any pics of his stable of cars... seems like bullsh*t to me... :D

Jamie

Good on him i say, not everything in life has to be "good debt". What about enjoying life. A bit of sour grapes there Peter.

btw...I used to be a regular contributor to the rec.autos.bmw newsgroup and there were plenty of American teenagers on there driving BMW M3s!!! to college.

Originally posted by Peter Parker
Silly boy!

He should use his rich dad's money to buy things that increase in value and put money in his pocket.

And what's that saying 'from shirtsleeves to shirsleeves in three generations'? This kid could be generation 3 if he's not careful!

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Peter Parker
Silly boy!

Peter

i think you missed the point

Wow.

If you keep reading to page 3 or 4, you will find this:

I paid for all my cars by myself!!! I have my own business in conjunction with Ebay in which I make quite a pretty penny.

Good kid.

Although, I hope he is putting some money aside or into property and not spending it all on cars...

asy :D

hmm - What I see reading the referenced thread is that most people don't believe that they could achieve success at the age of 18....and scoff at those who have.

Sad :)

Go kid, go!!!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Re: Re: Probably not wise to judge a book by its cover

Originally posted by Jamie
Hehehe.. now thats funny :p

I see he's still having trouble coming up with any pics of his stable of cars... seems like bullsh*t to me... :D

Jamie

the pics are on later pages

Re: Re: Re: Probably not wise to judge a book by its cover

Originally posted by XBenX
the pics are on later pages

Hehehe... I stand corrected ;)

Still reeling from the size of that stereo system in the Mini Cooper :eek:

Originally posted by brains
Good on him i say, not everything in life has to be "good debt". What about enjoying life.

Hi peoples,

Can't let a "cars are bad debt" comment pass!! I 100% agree with brains on the not everything can or should be good debt call. There's an M3 with my name on her when i hit $x IP portfolio. Not enjoying something that you'd love just because it doesn't better the IRR of your best performing investment doesn't sound like being "rich" in any sense of the word to me. Bring on the M3....then the 996TT...then the...you get the idea... ;)

Cheers
Chris

PS for any other car nuts... www.bmwm5.com has a great forum with lots of guys who own some SERIOUSLY BAD DEBT!! (not just m5's) YAY!!

Ok,

I'm going get hung here... I've seen a few mentions of M3.

Could somone kindly tell me what the fuss is??

Jas

Sorry Will, I was real, I'm not a car person.

Had a quick look at the site, and I think I'm still not a car person :)

Jas

Why do people assume that everything they read on the internet is the 100% truth? For all we know - this kid could be a fat unemployed bloke living in a Kansas trailer park...

natmarie73,

There are two ways to go through life,

Believing everything you see, read, hear is false & challenging everyone to prove it otherwise.

Believeing everything you see, read, hear is true until proven otherwise (through your own research or their actions).

I prefer to take the second view - trust breeds trust :)

Would you prefer that this kid was for real or was a fake? Which gives you greater joy?

If he is falsifying the info, who does it really harm?
What does it cost any of us to take him at face value?

I hope he is for real - I like to see people succeed.

Pulling people down only makes us smaller :)
(I'm still practicing this - IMHO no-one is ever perfect at it!)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Acey - I don't really care if the kid is telling the truth or telling fibs and I am certainly not intending to "pull him down" (unlike his detractors on that particular forum). I am saying that it is perhaps not wise to take everything you read on the intranet as the absolute truth.

In an ideal world trust would breed trust - but as we all know many people are scammed everyday because they take this view. I prefer to be a little sceptical and cynical about what I read and in many cases about what I hear.

As for the kid - well good on him if its true. Although the wording of his post sounds as if he may have some serious self esteem issues to address. Anyway good luck to him!

Nat:)

Maybe we can ask ourselves some bigger questions:

"What do I want from life" ?

"What makes me happy" ?

"What is the easiest what get/be the above"?

Now if you are like 90% of men some kind of special car is right up there on the top 10 list of "what I want from life and things that make me happy".

Some say car obsesion is to make up our (mens) physological truma of being weened from our mothers nipple, some say it is make up for a deap down need to make up for the limitations in the wedding tackle. All these reasons are wrong... the human genome project has just recently found the scientific reason, it's caused by the "love of fast things" gene located on the Y chromosome, right next to the "refuse to put down the toliet seat" gene!

Anyway lets now ask the question:

If I wanted to buy a M3,M5,SL500,NSX,GTR,911,EVO-VIII or F50 then what is the easiest path for me to get it? :

• Find a super 80hour/week job, build a career, try to earn lots of money pay, then pay 50% tax and try to buy the car with whats left?
  • Find a job that you enjoy (up to a point), invest well in IP, build equity, improve value and use the equity generated to buy the car?

I just love Rich Dad's Robert Kiyosaki's story of buying the porsche by buying a self storage and using the cash generated to pay the porsche lease. After 10 years the porsche is gone but the self storage is still generating income...great story (true or not).

What I love most about property is this concept: with my current portfolio if over the this year my property increases 6% then on paper at least I have create enough wealth to purchase a very nice car, that's exciting (even if I dont buy the car). The exciting bit is that in 5 or 10 years of focus action, my IP portfolio should have grown to the point in which a 6% increase in value should generate more equity than I could possibly spend on cars ( I dont need a M5 every year...maybe every second year!)

Last edited:
Originally posted by always_learning
Now if you are like 90% of men some kind of special car is right up there on the top 10 list of "what I want from life and things that make me happy".

AL,

I see you're yet to discover The Joy Of Trucks... mine cost me $1,000.. and whilst the rebuilding might cost $10,000 it's a great way of getting a really unique vehicle thats a complete Tax write-off no questions asked! :)

Duncan's Truck "Edford the Bedford"

Cheers, Duncan

Originally posted by natmarie73
Why do people assume that everything they read on the internet is the 100% truth? For all we know - this kid could be a fat unemployed bloke living in a Kansas trailer park...

whilst I havent got out the magnifying glass in order to check the photos - i think that a photo w/ his screen name on paper, getting the cars out of the garage and driving them is pretty good evidence

i spose if you wanted to be skeptical you could always explain those away as well

photochop or daddy doesnt know he has the keys or his job is a car detailer for some rich mofo.

Back