Problem uploading photos to net

Can anyone help with the following problem I'm having?

For some reason as of about two weeks ago, I can't upload photos to the net anymore. I assume it's a firewall problem with my AVG software.

So basically on a website like SS, FlickR, photobucket etc I select the folder and images I want to upload to the site, the site tries but then says 'unable to upload photos'. I went to FlickR's support page and followed all their instructions to do with AVG and turning off the specific problem shield they've identified in the past - but it still doesn't work. Perhaps because I don't know how to temporarily disable AVG all together? Even when I suspend the firewall, I still can't upload photos.

I have done so many times in the past up until 2 weeks ago, so I assume one of the settings on my PC has changed. Can anyone tell me what else I can try? Currently I have to go through the whole process of uploading images to my iPad, then posting them to a website which is becoming quite tiresome.

unninstall AVG then try it, if it works then re-install it

What browser do you use it could be a browser/flash type problem rather then a AVG problem.

I use Mozilla Firefox. I'm fairly certain my flash software from Adobe is up to date as I remember something installing a couple weeks ago. Could that be the cause of the problem? Not sure how to check that?

It's the darnedest thing - this morning after posting I had another go at one of the sites I upload images to. As usual the select image from hard drive option failed to work and wouldn't upload. So instead tried to go through Flickr (after uploading images to web through my iPad), but in that option for some reason there was another sub option on the page to again select from my hard drive to upload - tried my luck and on that page it worked and it grabbed image files from my computer?!!? So that would indicate to me that there wasn't a problem, or perhaps it's a symptom of a browser issue like you mentioned above?

Really confused now.... :(

Thanks for the tip imon. Already had Chrome on my desktop, gave it a shot and it worked first time uploading a photo. Will use it in the future when I need to upload, cheers. :)

PS Any particular reason Chrome is better than Firefox? Have both, but have always used Firefox since I gave IE the flick, can't really remember why now.

I just find Chrome to be super fast, like when opening a new tab I don't have to wait 10 years for that tab to be ready to use.* The main downside as I see it is that it's all your millions of tabs are crammed into just one row.

*edit: sorry I mis-read and thought you were comparing it to IE... Firefox's new tabs open quickly too.

Back