Problems with Best and Less Travel Agents!!! :(

You have to understand that a travel agency receives about $25 for an international flight booked for a client...not exactly something high on the priority list.

The baggage on the ticket is STANDARD It will say 20K economy to Europe. America is a piece system so it will say 2PC. This is just STANDARD TICKETING ENTRIES. Sorry what else is there to say??

Im not disputing that you can take 32KG because any one item of course can weight up to this amount. Again this is standard.

If you have additional baggage allowance then that is fine but it wont affect how the ticket is issued.

Just stating the facts?

But Im sorry.. What would I know :rolleyes:

MAS tickets have an endorsement section stating 30kg.

Their ANZ marketing officer emailed. Finally someone 'real' other than people just giving first names and telling a different story. All I know is the ticket contracts should have remained the same as before. Let's see what she comes back with.

Although MAS contact center have given us mixed messages, it turns out it's MAS policy to only allow 20kg with interline agreements. Which their staff clearly do not know about. Think the agent has tried their best - after they copied me on all emails to MAS ticketing staff they deal with since this morning. They were very worried about things leading to tribunal and poor reputation due to the mixed messages we had received from MAS themselves. I also got an email from the MAS Marketing Officer in Sydney who tried to help and came back with the same answer. It's a pity and I probably won't be travelling MAS ever again.

But here you go anyway...

Best And Less and Tribunal article

I'm back guys. We had to post 20kg from KL to Sydney...Shopping is heaps better there than Australia!

At KL Int Airport the Emirates staff member accidently allowed us 20kg check in baggage on top of the 80kg we had and told us to not tell anyone of this mistake :D (right before we boarded as we had forgotten our baggage tickets).

At Karachi Airport, my grandfather has friends in Customs who got Emirates to allow extra check in baggage through. Which was 54kg over limit (given 80kg was our new limit). Emirates staff also confirmed with Malaysia Airlines staff about the "usual" 30kg allowance - despite the code share agreements. So although it was stressful and we had to pay for postage home in KL and extra high mobile phone bills due to following this up, we had a happy result with all luggage making it home AND travelling Emirates (moving from an Emirates plane to a MAS plane was a shock - the screens in MAS were so much smaller and staff not as friendly). I will prefer travelling Emirates or Etihad mostly now. Anything but Malaysia Airlines!

Back