Professional photographer - worth every cent!

Sorry I am rubbish at imbedding photos so hope its ok if I just put in my link.

Both the PM and I have tried taking photos of this aprtment and it never quite did it justice as it came out looking dark inside (which it isn't !) and it also made the space look smaller than it actually is. So I called in a professional and I am thrilled at the results! PS A couple of the photos are actually mine so if a couple don't look the same quality of the others that would be me :)

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=25698264&s=tas&tm=1213268152

Very very nice apartment GoAnna. Definately got the wow factor.

The problem with posting stuff of your own is that some smartarss is always going to pick at it..........
I'd increase you insurance because of the position of that microwave. Its asking for trouble.
Sorry, It's just the old kitchen designer in me coming out.:D

Were your shots the bathroom shot, and the one taken looking past the balcony rail? That's my guess anyway.

What an amazing looking place, just lovely. Kitchen certainly packs a lot of "WOW" and the beams draw your eye, just gorgeous.

I know when my parents sold their queenslander they had professional shots taken by the real estate agent. The house actually was starting to get a bit "tired" but it looked so much better in the photos than it did in reality.

I agree that paying a professional is worth every cent. It isn't that much cost anyway, from memory.

The bathroom shot
definitely

The verandah view
The building shot

Yeah, they are both at higher jpg compression, like the bathroom. Couldn't pick between them if I had to choose just one though.

It does look like a lovely place. I reckon that red will age/date pretty quickly though? Not too much paint needed to change when that happens I guess.

Very very nice apartment GoAnna. Definately got the wow factor.

The problem with posting stuff of your own is that some smartarss is always going to pick at it..........
I'd increase you insurance because of the position of that microwave. Its asking for trouble.
Sorry, It's just the old kitchen designer in me coming out.:D

I'll get over it hehehehe. Each kitchen I do a little better than the last....

definitely

Yeah, they are both at higher jpg compression, like the bathroom. Couldn't pick between them if I had to choose just one though.

It does look like a lovely place. I reckon that red will age/date pretty quickly though? Not too much paint needed to change when that happens I guess.

Well the apartment is not new. 2004. The red looks better in real life. Its like the softer old eastern red. Somehow photos make the colour harsher. Used to be called Red Cross (Dulux) but I think they were made to change the name. Its 2 pac so reasonably tough. The area needed something to set it off. Because everything else is natural and neutral in real life it just adds some interest. Mostly the eye just goes to the gorgeous views.....

Prof pics are always worth the money!! I love your apartment by the way - stunning! These days there are so many real estate photographers around for a few hundred dollars you can get complete packages which include floorplans, pictures and virtual tours. COnsidering they can b reused over and over again (as long as there isn't too much of a change) i think it is well worth it!

What an amazing flat. That ceiling structure is fantastic. GoAnna, was it a flat before you did the reno or just redundant roof space?

I built the apartment in the roof space of an old mansion. The mansion had been converted to apartments we think around the 1930's. So the ceiling is basically the roof with the exisitng roof rafters which looks pretty cool. The beautiful old red brick chimney also comes up through the middle of the apartment. We just glazed it and otherwise kept it as is. I then furnished it and let is fully equipped - usually to media types actually who probably like the artist in the attic feel with all the modern conveniences ;)

So the building is an old mansion. I couldn't tell from the outside photo whether it was a newer build made to look old.

Was it just one house for one family? Those would have been fabulous times to live in. I have always had a passion for the 1930's era in housing and furniture.

Shame so many of those old mansions would have been pulled down (in Brisbane anyway). There are still plenty left on Hamilton Hill and some other places, but when I think of all the six packs in some of the streets in Coorparoo where I live, and some of the grand old stucco fences with the house name have been left, and I wonder what the house must have been like to have had such a grand fence.

My aunt married into a very rich family. He hubby was given an MG for his 21st birthday and they were given a car for their wedding. Not sure whether they were helped into their first house, but wouldn't be surprised. He was an only son. They lived in a mansion on Hamilton Hill with a library, ballroom etc.

I believe it may have been one of the two that Christopher Skase demolished, but not sure. We have tried to find it, but it doesn't seem to be there any more, or at least my mum doesn't recognise it. I would love to live in one of those and rattle about for a while, going from room to glorious room.

GoAnna

What a lovely apartment - and a great spot in Hobart!!! I used to work a short distance from your apartments when I lived in Hobart years ago.

Cheers
LynnH

So the building is an old mansion. I couldn't tell from the outside photo whether it was a newer build made to look old.

Was it just one house for one family? Those would have been fabulous times to live in. I have always had a passion for the 1930's era in housing and furniture.

Yes the mansion was built in about 1910 from what we can establish and then converted we think in 1930's to apartments. It's and Arts and Crafts style. Will fish out some other photos. Still has the gorgeous romantic winding staircase and huge stained glass windows. Now the loft is in the roof space it is 4 levels high. I suspect the lower ground floor apartments were not living areas previously but maybe the cool store place. Those apartments have lower ceilings but I have given each private courtyards. (so nice to just decide things like that over a cup of tea with yourself rather than have those pesty body corporate meetings.

Nice apartment goanna, and great view. a high ceiling always makes a small space bigger.

Re photos, pros know how to use light and flash units. Ya gotta get the lighting right. If you did a weekend course and invested in a few lights, your pics would improve ten fold. Light dictates aperture and shutter settings.

Back