Professional photographer - worth every cent!

Nice apartment goanna, and great view. a high ceiling always makes a small space bigger.

Re photos, pros know how to use light and flash units. Ya gotta get the lighting right. If you did a weekend course and invested in a few lights, your pics would improve ten fold. Light dictates aperture and shutter settings.

Yeah but I am the queen of delegation :D And by the time I pay for the flight down, car hire, babysitter etc its cheaper for me to ask a local photographer. I have watched them in action and yes those lights do make all th difference especially when you want to capture views without the inside looking dark.

Hello

Nice pics. Consider spending a few dollars on a TAFE photography course.

Is that a microwave oven above the fridge?

I think it is in an awkward position to open/close the door. Lifiting hot food nearly at head height.

When I first saw the ceiling spaces rafter design, I thought you had purchased a 'church' and installed a mezzanine floor and made the 'church' into two living areas/spaces. Talk about value adding. It looks great.

402409713ml1213319398.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. Consider spending a few dollars on a TAFE photography course.

If I ever want to take up photography I will however it would be more costly for me to do myself right now with small children and ips interstate. I have no issues with delegating to those that can.

Is that a microwave oven above the fridge?

I think it is in an awkward position to open/close the door. Lifiting hot food nearly at head height.

Yeah I have already been told off for that one.:D

When I first saw the ceiling spaces rafter design, I thought you had purchased a 'church' and installed a mezzanine floor and made the 'church' into two living areas/spaces. Talk about value adding. It looks great.

View attachment 3519

Well there was an unused space! If i could find a before you'd be quite stunned. Was basically a collection of old hws and rubbish. Of course no view to be seen. I had to cut holes to get those.

What an absolutely stunning apartment. I expect it wont be vacant for long....tenants would love it.

It basically never is vacant. I know because I keep trying to stay there between tenants. It's currently tenanted with the end date yet to be confirmed. Sometimes people move in for one month and stay for nine which is nice.

I am impressed that the tenant and photogragher managed to make the place look so designer for the shots even if it was the wrong cushions on the bed hehehe Especially given they are both hetero males (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Yeah I have already been told off for that one.:D

Was the microwave like that in you kitchen plans? You builder and/or cabinet/joinery subbie shouldv'e pointed that one out. And they continued with it anyway?

The microwave issue aside... It is an excellent finish.

Aaron

I couldn't even reach that microwave oven. I am just shy of 5'3" so it would be tricky for me to be getting something hot out of it.

Without being critical of the design, I think I would take it out of its space, put something in there like a vase or cookbooks, and put a small microwave on the bench. I would be worried about somebody spilling a hot bowl over themselves. I wonder what the insurance implications would be?

My mum's kitchen has the microwave actually in the pantry. I think the designer wanted the benches totally clear and the "aesthetics" didn't suit one on the bench so they hid it. It works really well, and much less hassle having the panty doors open (or shut) during cooking than I initially thought.

I am just shy of 5'3"
Me too! I always say that I'm "five foot two point nine" ;)
wylie said:
My mum's kitchen has the microwave actually in the pantry. I think the designer wanted the benches totally clear and the "aesthetics" didn't suit one on the bench so they hid it. It works really well, and much less hassle having the panty doors open (or shut) during cooking than I initially thought.
Mine's in a standard under-bench cupboard, on the top shelf; at thigh height, because I didn't want it "on display". I wondered if it would be a nuisance but it really isn't; I'm very happy with 1) having it hidden, and 2) having the extra bench space. :)

Me too! I always say that I'm "five foot two point nine" ;)

Mine's in a standard under-bench cupboard, on the top shelf; at thigh height, because I didn't want it "on display". I wondered if it would be a nuisance but it really isn't; I'm very happy with 1) having it hidden, and 2) having the extra bench space. :)

My latest kitchens are under the bench which is the latest way of doing it. The height is less than it initially appears as I recall choosing a squat type fridge height. I am under 5' 4" myself. We had a number of issues with this kitchen due to the limitiations of the space we had to squeeze it into. I have had no complaints from tenants so far so I won't worry about it. They could always move into onto bench if it annoyed them.

Looks great.

I remember reading about the development so that is a job well done;)

Do you supply a ladder to reach that microwave:D

Cheers

PS next time I am in Hobart I will check whether its available

If it makes you feel any better....my microwave is on top of the oven!! About the same height as yours and I was very careful getting a bowl of porrage out this morning. :p

Anyway, It's not our fault that some kitchen designer somewhere thought a microwave would be fine at head height. :rolleyes:

Don't take it to heart. I think the apartment is amazing, and I would be proud to own it, never mind owning the WHOLE building.

I was about to say you are LUCKY, but stopped myself just in time :D. We all know luck has very little to do with the hard work we do to get into the positions we do.

Just had the call to say it's let for $450 for 6 months and then an option for another 6 months. Nice:D

Last long term let (up to Jan 08) was $395. Gotta love those increases.

Last edited:
Back