Property Insurance Plus excess

Property Insurance Plus provides landlord’s insurance. See pi-plus.com.au. The policy looks reasonable to good. However, I’ve been unable to determine the excess; PIP will not respond.

Has anyone had dealings with PIP, and what is the excess? TIA.

I need something in writing, by post or email. No reply.

Without getting involved in a discussion on the actual cover etc., I would have to ask why you would persevere?? If you can't get simple answers to your queries when you are considering taking out a policy, how much confidence would you have that claims would be paid promptly should you suffer a loss? Policy conditions and premiums are important, but service levels are (or should be) paramount. Personally, with anything, I would never deal with a company that can't provide pre-sale service, as the after-sale service is likely to be even worse.

Without getting involved in a discussion on the actual cover etc., I would have to ask why you would persevere?? If you can't get simple answers to your queries when you are considering taking out a policy, how much confidence would you have that claims would be paid promptly should you suffer a loss? Policy conditions and premiums are important, but service levels are (or should be) paramount. Personally, with anything, I would never deal with a company that can't provide pre-sale service, as the after-sale service is likely to be even worse.

Valid points. PIP have a good cover and I'm curious about the excess.

Just called EBM who told me that QBE is the underwriter and due to the age of the house I enquired about, there is a loading. House was built in about 1940, has been rewired, replumbed, is in very good condition, but the insurance is $400 higher than the renewal I'm comparing it with.

Two houses, one policy just increased by a few hundred from last year and new premium is $1967. EBM want $1395 just for one of the houses.

Plan on ringing around now and seeing what I can do to get the premium down.

Just called EBM who told me that QBE is the underwriter and due to the age of the house I enquired about, there is a loading. House was built in about 1940, has been rewired, replumbed, is in very good condition, but the insurance is $400 higher than the renewal I'm comparing it with.

Two houses, one policy just increased by a few hundred from last year and new premium is $1967. EBM want $1395 just for one of the houses.

Plan on ringing around now and seeing what I can do to get the premium down.

Unfortunately that 70 year rule is a kicker with us, one we can't get around. It's a long way from perfect as there would be younger properties probably in worse shape, but always hard when you're trying to cater to the majority.

Unfortunately that 70 year rule is a kicker with us, one we can't get around. It's a long way from perfect as there would be younger properties probably in worse shape, but always hard when you're trying to cater to the majority.

It IS a real kicker. I've also tried Terry Sheer and it is also higher than Suncorp. I'll try a few others before I call Suncorp and see how much I can reduce the premium by.

And you are right. These houses are like new insofar as new wiring, new plumbing, well maintained. Frustrating...

Back