Property Investment Relationships

I was talking to my property manager and apparently she met her husband as a tenant and landlord and it got me thinking. Does anyone have any unexpected relationships developed in property investing? Feel free to share;)

Interesting topic. I suspect that of all the forms of mainstream investments - cash, shares, resi IP and comm IP - resi IP must offer the most abundant opportunities for meeting new people with potential to dating. This is an interesting advantage I have not thought of before, although the same human element can also provide the most pain from this form of investment. Thinking about difficult tenants.

Interesting topic. I suspect that of all the forms of mainstream investments - cash, shares, resi IP and comm IP - resi IP must offer the most abundant opportunities for meeting new people with potential to dating. This is an interesting advantage I have not thought of before, although the same human element can also provide the most pain from this form of investment. Thinking about difficult tenants.

Exactly. I think the times of meeting through mainstream means is long gone. Why not date your tenant? Go on a lunch with your property manager? or even give a shot with your business partner. (Assuming they are all single and actively looking for a partner :) )

Exactly. I think the times of meeting through mainstream means is long gone. Why not date your tenant? Go on a lunch with your property manager? or even give a shot with your business partner. (Assuming they are all single and actively looking for a partner :) )

The upside is that you know they have a job, have similar interests to you, might have some ideas for you to learn and if all else fails and romance doesn't spark you have increased your network

I met my business partner on the internet.... on this forum in actual fact.

Go figure.

Darn it, you beat me too it.

I've met a lot of people who have influenced me here on SS. I'm not looking for romance but in various ways/networks of SS I have met so many people who have helped me on my journey.

One of my friends is dating an ex-tenant. They ended up getting to know each other after she called him asking for a reference.

Back