Property Magazine Subscriptions

Which property magazine/s do you subscribe to?

• Australian Property Investor

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Your Investment Property

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Smart Property Investment

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Your Money

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Your Mortgage

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Smart Investor

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Others ...

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
some of the companies API promote in their ads WOW! :eek:- obviously they are willing to take money from anyone and don't care if their readers get scammed by them.

that's interesting! from what i've seen of yip, their advertising is pretty much exactly the same!

Hmmm… last post on this thread (post #17) was back in February, and API was way ahead.

All of a sudden there's a flurry of votes for YIP, and three consecutive comments (#18, 19 and 20) gushing about how great YIP is and how terrible its competitors are - all posted within the space of four days (two of them on the same day).

All the comments are from "one-post wonders" with just 1-6 posts each.

Come on YIP - give it up. Somersofters are not stupid. I couldn't care less what magazine people prefer, but it's annoying to be taken for a fool.

By the way, comment #19 (Floda Reltih) - now that you've joined us with your one informative post, perhaps you can tell us why your user name is Adolf Hitler spelled backwards?

Had a subscription to API a while ago and stopped it.

Went out and bought both yesterday.

Hopefully read both over the WE and see for myself.

There are 6 property investment magazines in Australia ? incredible, that's got to be a bubble top sign. And one called "Your Mortgage" ? ... hahahahaha

Hmmm… last post on this thread (post #17) was back in February, and API was way ahead.

All of a sudden there's a flurry of votes for YIP, and three consecutive comments (#18, 19 and 20) gushing about how great YIP is and how terrible its competitors are - all posted within the space of four days (two of them on the same day).

All the comments are from "one-post wonders" with just 1-6 posts each.

Come on YIP - give it up. Somersofters are not stupid. I couldn't care less what magazine people prefer, but it's annoying to be taken for a fool.

By the way, comment #19 (Floda Reltih) - now that you've joined us with your one informative post, perhaps you can tell us why your user name is Adolf Hitler spelled backwards?

I hope 163 posts is enough!! :)

but I do API mag only, dont do YIP cos I hate their spam
I find it ironic how magazines spruce good/great investors yet most of them (no names) have OTP ads and interstate apartment ads all over them

I hope 163 posts is enough!! :)

but I do API mag only, dont do YIP cos I hate their spam
I find it ironic how magazines spruce good/great investors yet most of them (no names) have OTP ads and interstate apartment ads all over them

Show me mag that doesnt have adverts?

I claim it.. but I already have IP.. dont think you can if no IP.

Yes i do,

I can show that I started to pay the subscription fee with my Credit Card as soon as my PPOR is rented out privately and now become IP.

that sounds cool as I can claim two of my property magazines subscription :)

Thanks for showing me the light in this matter.

Rule #1, never take taxation advice from mates at the water cooler.

Correct...you have to substantiate the claim if audited...the ato wont accept 'mate' said you can.. because I didnt say you can. I said I claim it.- BIG difference.

Correct...you have to substantiate the claim if audited...the ato wont accept 'mate' said you can.. because I didnt say you can. I said I claim it.- BIG difference.

what does "Substantiate" the claim means ?
does it means that I need to show that I'm reading 90% of the magazine all the time and just skipped the remaining 10% advertisement section ?

thanks for the advice sir Rix,

I guess in this case this kind of deduction can go to self education just like books fee to supports our work.

I'll ask my Accountant to prepare a letter or ATO ruling section which cover this kind of deduction.

I have suscribed to API for a number of years now, but lately, it takes me just under an hour to scoure from first to last page - albeit skipping 50% of the content and ads on the way. :D

Having read both API and YIP this month, there's much of a muchness about them. I thought I was reading one at one point when in fact I was reading the other.

Same sort of stories, same sort of ads.

Much like watching ACA and switching to TT and there's a story about bad landlord's on one and bad tenant's on the other. I sometimes forget what station I'm watching.

Back