Property makes me feel ALIVE!!!

We've been talking about our next two purchases as well as getting our brother who is 22 into the property game. He has been saving up while at uni. I know when I was 22 I knew nothing about money and went and splurged on a brand new car....

....Just even thinking about property....lit me up!

Did I say, it helps me feel alive??!

I know it's not about material stuff...but since primary school when computers brought me alive....now property is the calling :D

Just thought I'd share!

Last edited:
Wait till you experience a property boom and prices double in a 12 month period. You will really know what its like to be alive then. A continuous adrenalin rush. Ooh yeah.

Wait till you experience a property boom and prices double in a 12 month period. You will really know what its like to be alive then. A continuous adrenalin rush. Ooh yeah.

Wait til you buy your first 10 storey office block and base jump off the roof. Yeah adrenalin! Now we know why Dazz is a boring rent collector, he got bored of bungee jumping off his roof. Now he get his excitement scraping chewing gum off seats at the shops.

Will that happen again - ever :eek::confused:

I'm working on a pre-text that it may never happen again the same way as it did in early 2000's but you never know...:D

Will it ever happen again?
Now let's see. There was a mini boom in 99. A mega boom in 03. An absolute whizz banger in 89. Another in the early 80s. One in the early 70s (how friggin old are we?). Ang god knows how many before that

History does repeat. yes there will be another boom. How big, Don't know.

Yes, but only if there is a crash and things are affordable again. Just watch what happens in USA in time.

Not necessarily. Flat prices for a while will do the trick as well.

I look at the larger cycles. These tend to occur every 18-20 years. 2008, 1990 etc. The next one should be peaking around 2025.

Hi MsAli

I understand how you feel. I too feel alive, inspired, excited and passionate about property. I don't have the same passion for my day job. I could and do spend hours learning and researching about property - and look forward to buying.

I have a Masters Degree to finish next year - and I am not that excited about that. All the time I will spend on these studies I could be spending on looking for a new property. The money spent on fees could fund a new IP. The pay rise I will get from having a Masters Degree will be insignificant to the pay rise a property will give me over -time. Sorry - I was thinking about my to do list for today and I have to re-enrol - obviously got side-tracked and ended up on SS instead!

I look at the larger cycles. These tend to occur every 18-20 years. 2008, 1990 etc. The next one should be peaking around 2025.

G'day oc1,

In Perth, we had a huge jump in prices during 1988 and 1989, directly after the stockmarket went belly up in '87.

We had another huge run in 2005 and 2006.

I guess from that, your observations of ~ 18 years for the larger cycles seem correct.

Given that, Perth can expect another doozy in 2022 or thereabouts.

I am currently painting 4 bevelled timber doors, ornate window architraves and door jambs with oil based stain sealer ... at the moment property is not my favourite thing. :eek:

We've been talking about our next two purchases as well as getting our brother who is 22 into the property game. He has been saving up while at uni. I know when I was 22 I knew nothing about money and went and splurged on a brand new car....

....Just even thinking about property....lit me up!

Did I say, it helps me come alive??!

I know it's not about material stuff...but since primary school when computers brought me alive....now property is the calling :D

Just thought I'd share!
It only makes me come alive when I see the rent go in the bank each month, and/or when you look in the r/e listings and see a similar property down the street to yours is for sale, and is up in value.

I am currently painting 4 bevelled timber doors, ornate window architraves and door jambs with oil based stain sealer ... at the moment property is not my favourite thing. :eek:

Lizzie - brings back memories of me a few weeks ago. But rollercoasters are fun!

Hi MsAli

I understand how you feel. I too feel alive, inspired, excited and passionate about property. I don't have the same passion for my day job. I could and do spend hours learning and researching about property - and look forward to buying.

Join the club!

Now we have put down grey tiles, we had to change the wall colour, which now means we have to change the trim colour... architraves were painted in the garage prior to going back on, but now we need to paint the door trims, window trims and... why, oh why did we decide that eight pane windows and 12 pane french doors were a good idea? :eek:

So... I'm feeling your pain Lizzie. And oil based paint just stinks and the whole house smells.

It works both ways, because of the massive leverage property can generate exuberance when it goes up, but utter destruction when it goes down, which perhaps not many people in Australia have experienced yet.

It works both ways, because of the massive leverage property can generate exuberance when it goes up, but utter destruction when it goes down, which perhaps not many people in Australia have experienced yet.
Why do say that?

There have been plenty of moments and personal situations over the last umpteen years where folk have taken a bath with a property transaction...not just now in your little window of experience or lack of.

Nearly all of it is operator error from what I've seen (18% interest rates in the late '80's notwithstanding - that blew people out of the water).

If you are implying an impending mega-bust like in the USA, then you may be right.

Personally, I don't reckon so; our Banking and lending rules are such that it is going to be hard for that to happen with thousands having to drop keys in letter boxes and do a runner.

We have been in a pretty decent slow down/slump - depends on your perspective for a couple of years now. It's about as bad as it has been in my lifetime, so it's not all that bad.

The key factor is the economy; if it continues to tank and thousands of jobs keep disappearing each quarter like they are now, then yes; maybe.

Whilst the dollar remains high and the trend continues to increase with folks buying O/S and online we will only see more of the same....then you might get what you wish for.

The key factor is the economy; if it continues to tank and thousands of jobs keep disappearing each quarter like they are now, then yes; maybe.

I also believe that is the key issue....no-one wants to speak about it, certainly not the left leaning mainstream media that the majority of you folk consume (Age / SMH)....tried to write something about that yesterday on the forum, but it was summarily deleted after 3 minutes as being 'off topic'.

Being the key issue for the entire economy and hence as a small subset the property market in Australia, I don't reckon it's ever 'off topic'....but anyway.

I am not so much excited about "PROPERTY' but more the end goal/strategy and potential for Financial Independence that it affords.

Bring it on.

...tried to write something about that yesterday on the forum, but it was summarily deleted after 3 minutes as being 'off topic'.

... that was in a thread about a royal commission into child abuse. Your post was indeed very off topic.

We encourage posts about the economy here. We have an entire discussion area dedicated to it. What we don't encourage is posts that are overly political or far removed from the intent of the original poster.

Like these posts :rolleyes:

Back