Property Manager Canberra

Hi there
I know this question keeps cropping up from time to time but was just wondering if I could get some up to date recommendations from Canberra landlords.
I note that we have been self managing for a couple of years - and are finding our time constraints an issue with managing a distant IP - and want to appoint a new property manager.
If you can recommend your property manager- would love to hear from you - and if you have had some bad experiences - could you pm with details with who to watch out for.
thanks in advance for your comments

It depends where, and it can depend very much on the PM rather than the agency.

I have a property inner northside, and I have been extremely happy with Lindsey at LJH Dickson. Much better than his predecessor.

Hi Geoff
our property is at Duffy - the tenant's are fine and have been with us since 2005
the only reason we got rid of our previous PM was over a potential conflict of interest
it is just the property is a couple of years old now - and there have been some ongoing maintenance problems which have been resolved - which it would be better to have someone closer to the problem who could sort out
thanks

Hi there Oracle
just wondering if you know a bit more about the agency you are with - have got some initial information from them - but tried to get a bit more resume from them - like how many properties they manage etc
Just wondering if there any more people who could recommend their PM - particularly in the Weston Creek area
thanks

Hi there Oracle
just wondering if you know a bit more about the agency you are with - have got some initial information from them - but tried to get a bit more resume from them - like how many properties they manage etc
Just wondering if there any more people who could recommend their PM - particularly in the Weston Creek area
thanks

Hi Raddles,

I am not sure how many properties do they manage. I have never been to their office. I believe the owner manages most of the property management stuff herself. She is also a property investor with a few investment properties.

She does do property investment seminars at uni. They offer fortnightly rent paid directly to your account and then you pay them their commission once every 4 weeks. I am paying 8% (incl gst) commission. They do offer discounts if you have multiple properties.

Not sure what other info you would like. They conduct 4 inspections per year and you can accompany them if you like. They do an initial condition report with photos etc taken of the property before it is leased out.

Can't think of anything else. But contact them directly if you need more info.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Thanks Oracle
will see if I can contact them to get a few more answers as I do believe if a property manager has more than 150 properties, they are less effective.
And thanks for the other recommendations too - will be asking similar questions of the property managers at LJ Hooker
thanks

Back