Property market, safe as houses

Whos selling now

Ok i have a question for ya'll have any one of you sold any properties recently? or intend to sell soon? or do you guys just buy dumps(sorry for using that word lol but its the only word i can think of) and then spend money on renovating and rent them out? do any of you guys care about capital gains at all im sure you do;)?

So what do you think is going to happen when property investment becomes less attractive to future investors.

How many of you would tell me to buy in current market? How many of you would tell me to hold off? well i will be buying to live in and if i would buy a second property soon after is another question:D.

If you are not going to do any work and look for good deals, figure out how you can add value or have no interest in PI then no, now is a bad time for you to buy.
Stick to living at home with mum and dad and waiting for them to carke it so you can inherit their house - that's the best option for you.

Ok i have a question for ya'll have any one of you sold any properties recently? or intend to sell soon? or do you guys just buy dumps(sorry for using that word lol but its the only word i can think of) and then spend money on renovating and rent them out? do any of you guys care about capital gains at all im sure you do;)?

So what do you think is going to happen when property investment becomes less attractive to future investors.

How many of you would tell me to buy in current market? How many of you would tell me to hold off? well i will be buying to live in and if i would buy a second property soon after is another question:D.

I have a mix of properties. 2 I bought for yield (with a big capital gain about 12 years down the track when long term commercial leases expire), 2 I bought for short term capital gain, which I have now received (they yield pretty well too), and I bought a block of 3 units that would considered a dump, and renovated it up to cashflow positive.

I'm not planning to sell any.

If you wanted to, you could still find investable properties, but you need to look carefully.

Which market there are many different markets, some are primed for growth especially the lower priced ones that have had little or no growth in the last 2 to 3 years, but yeilds have increased. People are now buying in areas they can afford rather than met the market where they cant afford. Hence the generalized fall in median prices, more lower priced property selling. The problem will be the high $ may cause an unemployment spiral, but people have to live somewhere.

Back