pubs

Size?
Location?
Condition?
Price?

Any reason it hasn't traded for 20 years? Any reason why it would ever trade again?

hasn't traded because the new owner has NFI what they've gotten themselves into.

they bought it for a bomb with no tenant. IMO they paid probably double what it was worth.

and i'm trying to put it under option to develop it. so no, i won't be sharing details, sorry ;)

Ha! I don't want to buy it. If it's not traded for 20 years then its a pub in the pages of history only. If it's in Melbourne or Sydney then they probably have fat chance of getting a liquor license again.

If it's old there are probably heritage restrictions that may cover only the facade or all internal walls.

Ha! I don't want to buy it. If it's not traded for 20 years then its a pub in the pages of history only. If it's in Melbourne or Sydney then they probably have fat chance of getting a liquor license again.

If it's old there are probably heritage restrictions that may cover only the facade or all internal walls.

it is old and the local council want to pitch in to rebuild it as well.

i highly doubt it will ever trade as a pub again, but that's not to say there are not other very good uses for it.

We have properties near a pub...

I don't know about CBD pubs but if you want to increase or add on council expect parking spaces to be included i new DA which makes it very difficult.

IMHO look for pubs with land content that can be used to your advantage eg. get rid of motel rooms and turn into car parking spots! ;)

Hmmm. I think the local pub is for sale for 11m, I will have to walk around to the front of the pub to check the picture to make sure it matches the photo on internet realestate website.

cheers
Sheryn

don't forget cash-in-lieu payments and surrounding street parking.

also being a pub, vehicle use should be discouraged therefore providing carbays would be irresponsible.

interesting week in the pubs here
on their knees
the question was asked with regards to being on their knees
well two pubs went up this week
one passed in at 1.5 mil the land value if you knocked down the pub was more then this amount
the other passed in at 4.525 it has a current val of 7 mil on it so someone needs to sharpen their pencil
now the problem expressed by most if not all at the auction was simple if you bid who is going to lend you on these
as they are bank sales
and thats the problem at the moment
the returns are there
these are in the range of 10 to 12% net returns
and for super fund plays they are a very good play indeed
what we need is a pub fund
the problem is who is willing to invest in it
people ask are the deals there
well at below land value with an asset doing over 10% net return thats not a bad deal
the problem for me is finding publicans
and also funders
the later is most peoples problems
but people have superfunds and they can and should look at investing as a smsf
just an update

i still think too this day on both times we went up,,he hired the local footballt team to be in the bar each time,because the day we took control everything went downhill very fast

Sort of funny picture that? Imagine the pub owner once you'd been and looked?

......."OK boys, The free beer is off. That Brisbane plumber dude has been here and looked around. I don't think we'll see or hear from that bloke again though, he looked like he didn't have two bob to his name, but youse all did a good job. Yeah, I'll have some topless barmaids for ya's all on Sunday night. I'll let ya's all know when the next wood-duck is commin in for a look and bring ya mates and girlfriends too"......

......."And Bluey? No more rude southerner jokes next time eh..!! The fella was from flippen Brisbane, not Melbourne. And I'd reckon he's heard of Wally Lewis. And Johnooo..?? mate?, if ya gunna stare at the fella's daughters, make sure you have ya sunnies on OK?.. See ya's at the game on Sunday eh".......

See ya's.

Last edited:
Sort of funny picture that? Imagine the pub owner once you'd been and looked?

......."OK boys, The free beer is off. That Brisbane plumber dude has been and gone. Don't think we have a sale there though, that bloke looked like he didn't have two bob to his name, but youse all did a good job. Yeah, I'll have some topless barmaids for ya's all on Sunday night. I'll let ya's all know when the next wood-duck is commin in for a look and bring ya mates and girlfriends too"......

......."And Bluey? No more rude southerner jokes next time eh..!! The fella was from flippen Brisbane, not Melbourne. And I'd reckon he's heard of Wally Lewis. And Johnooo..?? mate?, if ya gunna stare at the fella's daughters, make sure you have ya sunnies on OK?.. See ya's at the game on Sunday eh".......

See ya's.
There was never any topless barladies,just went in semi-blind with a dream that turned very quickly into a 24-7 nightmare,hook ,line and sinker,plus I trusted what people told me back then,I may have lost over 200k on that deal and we only lasted 8 months,Plus if you ever go up that way and see what the Men from those Euro Countries did after WW2 and the way they turned the tidal-salt-pan-sand-fly -infested areas that no-one wanted into some of the best high sugar growing in Australia,,

I knew we were stuffed when after about three weeks the "Lady" that runs the "Costa-Nostra"books for the locals:) came in one night for dinner with all the Family from Griffith and told me upfront I will never turn the Hotel into a backpackers,they did not want backpackers walking around the canefields and I know why:):),it's not only sugar cane that grows 16 foot high..willair.

Here's some pics of our pub - located in Launceston

Alchemy1.jpg

AlchemyBar2.jpg

AlchemyRest3.jpg

AlchemyRest6.jpg

AlchemyBar7.jpg

Here's some pics of our pub - located in Launceston
Well done That is a real Standout,, I like the old brick work and Cedar Fire place that's a Stunner,and it has that look about it that money can't buy..good luck
willair..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back