QBE LMI's Review of Impact of FHOG on the Market

Thanks for that TF.

I was a bit concerned when I read the very first sentence and saw it was done by
leading business research and forecasters BIS Shrapnel
but I pressed on and even managed to add a new word to my vocabulary "nascent":D

Thankyou

sort of kept up with it but got the "if reduced" the vals may drop5%, bit.

Do you think the banks will recall some $$$ on the LVR's
Its going to be a big knock for the FHB grant if this happens? or the LVR rates may move up back to the 95% mark again???:rolleyes:

Very funny because before opening the attachment I thought was very strange the housing lobby would allow someone to publish a report on FHG just few days before the budget, I seriously thought the GFC is killing the Housing lobby...(what else also you would expect from a TF post ;) )
Then I read the first few lines and saw BISS Sharpnell is in there and I understand everything :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link.

Makes for some interesting reading, and coming from a company at the sharper end of the property market gives it some clout.

Basically says that buyers are paying a 5% premium, for a $7k - $14k hand out. Is this a smart decision?

Also stated that if the fhogb is extended that there would be a bigger 'hole' once removed.

This combined with increasing unemployment and tightening credit policies

Back