QLD Election! Who is your money on?

Who will win in QLD on 24 March?

• All the way with Anna B ! (ALP)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Can-do Newman will do! (LNP)

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Katter in control (legally allowed to own firearms!)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Greens (what can I say?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents controlling balance of power

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I neither know nor care

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
March 24 is the big day.

I think Labor will probably win on a reduced margin. Bligh will distance herself from Gillard who will probably be banned from Qld by the ALP until after the 24th.

Kattter will not make a significant difference south of Rockhampton.

Greens unlikely to achieve much.

Your thoughts?

I made my prediction months ago. It's gonna be a whitewash.

Landslide victory to the Liberal / National coalition. Devastating result for both Labor and the Greens.

Similar to just what happened in NSW, with swings against some Labor sitting members up to unheard of levels of 30% or more.

the LNP's problem for years has been that no one know's who the leader is, and people vote for leaders.

people in Brisbane know Newman. but do people outside Brisbane? so it depends on Newman's popularity outside Brisbane. he's often talks about what he did when he was lord mayor. that may lead regional people to believe he will be brisbane centric.

i believe Kate Jones is quite popular in her electorate so Newman might not get in even if LNP win.

Question is which Federal Labor leader will be be sighted on the hustings and
which one will be avoided like the plague???????

Well, for political commentary, I always go to the most accurate source....the betting.
The odds indicate that Dazz is correct, and it will be a Coalition win, by a long shot.

Given that the ALP have ruled for all but 2 years in the last 23, it is not unexpected that this QLD ALP cycle is coming to an end.

Last edited:
Seems to be very long stretches between drinks for the political party up in Qld who is out of favour.....almost generational.

Joh in power from '68 thru to '87, and then Labor pretty much since.

Looks like Qlders have long memories.....or are the Qld teenagers beaten into submission and vote like their parents do ??

Are the recently merged LNP likely to be in power up there in Qld from now until beyond 2030 ??

Landslide LNP victory.

Easy.

Trend of all major states - first WA, then Victoria, the NSW finally Queensland. The Tasmanian and SA Governments are surviving on very thin margins.

Also Queenslanders HATE absolutely HATE Gillard for knifing Rudd and will knife Bligh for that. There's a reason Beatie and Carr and Bracks got out. They knew ALP's time was up.

Well I figure the LNP will walk it in.

I will be interested If Newman fails to will his spot off Kate Jones who will lead the party then. As I dare say many are voting for Newman and then the LNP so if he fails to win his seat will many voters be angry?

I also feel he will look after the Sth more than the Nth.

An interesting rumour was raised the other day his cabinet when made up would have few national party members, none of which would be any senior members of the national party. If this is the case I dare say the old battle will rage within the party with more internal fighting, not a good thing. Of course rumours are just that.

Either way will find out soon - and there will still be 24hrs in a day, day and night and I will still have to pay taxes.

Brian

Just thought I would resurrect this thread. I thought the result today would not be the whitewash many predicted as a shadow of the feeling many hold against the Federal ALP but it looks like I'm sorely wrong.
With a bit of luck it might get into developing! The enw government seems to be amenable to it. Now where did I leave that rezoning application lying around....?

Landslide LNP victory.

Easy.

Trend of all major states - first WA, then Victoria, the NSW finally Queensland. The Tasmanian and SA Governments are surviving on very thin margins.

Also Queenslanders HATE absolutely HATE Gillard for knifing Rudd and will knife Bligh for that. There's a reason Beatie and Carr and Bracks got out. They knew ALP's time was up.

Ud hope they don't need to elect a new leader .......if Cammo doesn't get up early today, that might be the only bit of the vote count that's worthwhile

Ta
Rolf

Ta
Rolf

In all my years I have never witnessed such a capitulation by a party as I have this time by the ALP. For more than a week now the pitch has been to plead for mercy, that we need a credible opposition.

Our morning paper had the expected full page "Can Do" Campbell ad but there was none by labor. There WAS a full page ad sponsored and paid for by the ETU exhorting the voters to vote "1" for the minority of the voter's choice and "2" for the candidate of THEIR choice. Nowhere on the page was "labor" mentioned.

When a party is so putrid that their major sponsors dare not speak their name, it's hit rock bottom.

Look closely Julia, Your name is on the next wrecking ball.

Back