QLD Property Market

Regarding the Keperra house, my hubby would remove all the ceilings and walls and redo the wiring while he is at it. Is that overkill or just a darned good idea since, if we were to get it, it would be as a long term hold?

As for road noise (our biggest bug-bear) I have found that if a house is lower than the road, the noise isnt as bad as if you are higher than it. I dont know this particular house, but in that area they tend to be lower.

If you go to the trouble of removing existing wall and ceiling lining then take the opportunity to insulate all the external/internal walls as well as under floor and ceiling.

I did this on a townhouse that was an IP but now a PPOR. It was worth the effort ... The place is totally soundproof and you can heat it in winter with a candle .... I also insulated between floors ... makes a big difference to noise from upstairs.

Mystery

and if brisbane gold coast are "terrible" markets and you take a long term view then yes i am sure you could negotiate some fantastic deals at the moment. its called contrary investing.
Yes it's definitely contrary for Australian capitals at the moment to consider Brisbane (and the coasts) and in my opinion Brisbane presents outstanding relative value considering all of our capitals.

The issue with being contrarian is that most of the time you will just get trampled, it's really being contrarian just before the herd turns that the greatest gains are made. Brisbane having been dismal for over four years now is looking increasingly due, when the tide will finally turn is open to interpretation though! I of course have a lot of interest in Brisbane going up in price as that's when people really want to buy :)

Hey Mystery, are you the one with a property in Goodna..? you still have it? how's the market up there?
Hi Edmond D, ... yep we have one in Goodna and the other in Redbank Plains. The market at present seems to have dropped back to 2007 prices, ... very sluggish. Also the rental market seems to be struggling as well.

Quite a few flood repaired properties came onto the market in the past 6 months affecting the median price. I believe people also got spooked that parts of Goodna were badly affected although where ours remained high and dry.

Mystery

Last edited:
Back