Quantity Surveyor - New House - Brisbane

W

WebBoard

I am purchasing a new house for investment. The builder says he can provide the depreciation schedule.

Should I use a Quantity Surveyor? Is it worthwhile on a new house?

If yes, can anyone recommend a good Qty Surveyor in Brisbane?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Craig.
Q. 1 Yes.
Q. 2 Can't help you, sorry. But someone from Bris. will, no worries!

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 1.1

Getting a QS in may get you a higher value for your fittings. Spending $300 or so,could save you thousands. I have even heard of some people getting 2 or 3 different QS reports done and then using the highest!

The Husband

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi Craig,

Will the builder do the schedule for free, or very low cost? Then get a QS anyway and go with the one you want. That's just my thoughts.
Can't answer the second question.

Chris

Reply: 1.1.1.1

H Craig,

One QS in Brisbane is Deppro (formerly known as Herron Todd White).

Address is:

Suite /1177 Logan Road
MT Gravatt East QLD

07) 3420 5755
[email protected]
www.deppro.com

No, I'm not working for them, however, I have just had them come and inspect one of my properties. They seemed very professional. I am yet to see the final report, but believe the money to be well spent.

Cheers ........... Rae :)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

I used Deppro on a townhouse and was very happy with their report. It was money well spent and they were very quick in getting the property inspected and the report completed.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond. Wonderful that so many people willing to help.

I am going to take your advice. I will get the Builders report for Free and go with Deppro and compare the reports. I expect Deppro to be much more comprehensive as the Builder doesn't seem to know much about it!

Since the post, I have spoken to others outside the forum and without hesitation Deppro have been recommended by these people as well.

Once again thank you for your valuable advice as I am sure it will save me many dollars in the long run.

Best regards

Craig

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Craig

I would be interested to know the diffences (if any) between the two reports. please let us all know the outcome.

Back