Question for the full time investors only :)

Hi All,

I'm looking for an IP in the range of 150-250K, my problem is that I don't have the time to research, I'm sure that this is a very common problem.
I can't afford paying much out of my pocket so high return is reuired.

The question is basically where to buy? what suburbs? recommended streets?

I refer this question for the experts only !!! if you don't see yourself as an expert, please please don't respond, I read through this forum already and kind of got a feel what most of the people think.
Now I’m only interested in the experts' investors opinions (please don't take offence, I'm a newbie as well..:) )
So anyway let's say that if you have less than 5 IPs don't respond unless you still see yourself as an expert...

Sorry if I offend anyone, I'm just interested in where the experts are buying.

Thanks in advanced.

Shimi

Shimi,

If you cant find the time for research, you possibly shouldnt be investing in property. There are no shortcuts.

And anyway, the "experts" have differing opinions on not only where to buy but how to buy, how to gear, different opinions on everything, as it should be.

You have to do what suits you.

I was expecting this reply from someone..:)

Mate, I gave an example for an "expert", if you have 5 or more IPs or if you see yourself as an expert.

I know a lot of people that have 5 of more IPs and they are still following the same patterns as we the newbies follow...
And I was talkting to the experts on this forum, I'm sure there are some and I'm sure they can give us some valueable input.

And who said there are no shortcuts?

Cheers

Shimi

Dear Shimi,

I agree with Brains and See_Change and yes I would "meet" your qualification.

Arrogance to assume that you can be a serious IP investor taking "shortcuts" will lead you to spend $15k on a Henry Kaye course to buy OTP properties.

Why should we spend our time to help if you can't put in any time yourself let alone help others on the forum?

Sunstone.

Originally posted by shimi
Hi All,

I refer this question for the experts only !!! if you don't see yourself as an expert, please please don't respond, I read through this forum already and kind of got a feel what most of the people think.
Now I’m only interested in the experts' investors opinions (please don't take offence, I'm a newbie as well..:) )
So anyway let's say that if you have less than 5 IPs don't respond unless you still see yourself as an expert...

Shimi

Shimi
Some people would say I'm an expert. I have bought more than 5 properties this year alone.

I have to agree with the other posters that you have to do the research yourself. You will never become truley good at anything and you will not become wealthy in property being dependant on other peoples advice.

You have to do the groundwork yourself.

That does not mean you should not ask for advice and speed thing up; or to get a pointer in the right direction.
I think you are getting the type of responses you are because the wording of your post may still offend some people despite your aplology

Last edited:
Shimi,

I meet your first criteria, (6 properties). Not sure about the second.

If someone was to tell you what suburb and/or street to buy in.
What if it turned out to be a dud and you have already taken their advice and bought there.

Thats why you need to do your own groundwork, to make sure what you buy suits you.

I'm not allowed to reply to this message because I don't qualify as an expert.

However, if I were to reply I would not give you anything Shimi.
Why should I spend my valuable time and money doing research just to hand it to you for free? What will you learn from being lazy?

Regards

Adrian See

Hmmmm

Shimi

You sound like you have a major problem there.....no time and limited resources...welcome to the club....

I can't answer you either except to suggest that you look to using a buyers agent.

Pedro

Hehe,

Hey I qualify as an expert then 5+ properties. How would you feel if I said I dont research my properties?

What if I told you other people find the properties I buy and I just buy whatever they pick?

Sorry, but you can't expect to pigeon-hole everyone so you can have a nice simple answer.

Why do you think there are so many seminars out there?, because each "guru" has a different way of investing, and each method works for them. But then again each method depends of factors, like cashflow, goals, risk tolerances and skills.

E.g.

Jan Somers buy/hold method uses a particular criteria, but requires captial and time to function.

Steve Mcknight system, uses a combination of numbers and buyers to work.

Rick Ottons system uses a combination of negotiation and salesmanship skills.

Developers require project management skills.

Lease Options require numbers and sales skills.

and so on,

"Investing" is a combination of skills, criterias, personal attitudes.

Shy people, may not like wraps where you talk to alot of people, buy/holds where property managers talk to people might be their preferred choice.

Others may feel negotiating is the best way to get returns and like to manage the deals themselves.

Most of these strategies work in any area, just requires looking at each property a number of different ways. You wouldn't belive what can be done.

eg.

Think of a 3br/2ba house;

buy/hold person: if I buy that house I could rent it for $x and it would give me y% growth each year.

renovator: if I buy that house I could spent $x and increase the value to $y and sell it.

flipper: if I negotiate the house to $x I could flip it for $y and get $z commission.

Subdivider: if I option the house I could subdivide the block, sell the house for $x and the other block for $y

Relocator: if I buy that house I could put another house in the house and rent both for $z

Wrapper: if I buy that house for $x on terms I could sell it for $z on terms.

Lease/Option: if I rent that house for $x and pay $y option I could release it for $a with option $b

Developer: if I option that house for $a I could knock it down and build some units for $b

Then lets not mention joint ventures, investors, equity parnters which change everything again.

So what expert are you looking for, and what method are you comfortable with?

Just a thought
Michael G

Hi Shimi

I think you will find that so called experts will begin by asking you lots of questions. And looking for "experts" is a dangerous game as what may have worked for them last year or last decade may not work for you this year. The fun and challenging part of the property game is that it keeps changing and we need to respond to those changes.

Your question in essence is "How do I get there?" Well since I am unsure where you currently are and where you want to go it is very hard to point the way.

What % of rental yield are you looking for? Gross return? Nett return? What kind of growth are you after? Are you after an area that has consistently performed well in the past or one that might perform well in the future? Are you prepared to put in any extra work? Are you prepared to add value to the property? How much $$ do you have to spend? Do you want to spend all of that on one property or over several? Do you want to hold, trade or wrap this property? What exactly are you expecting this property to do for you?

If I were to give you a suburb and a street how would you know that is was a good advice? What if you bought the wrong property in that perfect street and suburb? Perhaps if there was such a thing as the magical investment location then we would not need this forum. We could just log in and up would pop the suburb and street we should invest in next with a message to "buy now".

I strongly believe that direct investment of any kind requires you to become an "expert" yourself in order to achieve better than average returns. If you are not prepared to put in the work then you may as well invest more passively. Perhaps, consider property trusts or syndicates.

Following "hot tips" from self named "experts" is not investment it is gambling.

:cool:

Hi Shimi,

I agree wholeheartedly with each of the previous responses.

One further point Id like to include...

There are at least 5-10 people on this forum who Do NOT own 5 properties, yet if any of them wanted to sit down and talk property to me I would move the earth to be there on time. Conversely, I have met people who own 5+ properties, and have trouble finding their backside without a torch and a dedicated search party.

As a self admitted "newbie", should you be isolating the very people you need advice from, simply because they dont live up to your criteria? Whose to say your parameters for being an expert are valid at all?

A few thoughts,

Jamie

Shimi,

I think what you're looking for is a "Crystal Ball".

Sorry, can't help you here - ask them at the Roulette table .....

PIppety

Dear Shimi,

I have to agree with all the replies to your post. There are no easy shortcuts! I am new to investment property but I have set myself a goal to educate myself as much as possible. I am attending courses, reading books and reading this forum. If you want to be successful, you have to do it yourself. No one will take your hand and lead you all the way to financial independence. Many kind people will help you along the way but you have to put in the effort. Good luck with your investments.

Turtle

Shimi,

You found what you were looking for mate. I am a guru and I'll give you all my secrets.

The first secret is: The next HOT SUBURB is Broomstick, NSW 6666. It's a new suburb that will be created after one of the established suburbs is split (sorry i can't reveal the name at the moment because it is my know-how). People who buy their now will be in for huge huge rewards. I can find the right property for you there in your price range for only $999.99 + GST paid upfront (cash only). PM me your details and I'll be glad to teach you how to become wealthy through property.

Please note, that the number of properties is highly limited and I will only accept requests from Shimi and not anybody else.

Regards,
:)
Lotana

G'day Jamie,

LOVED your post :-
and have trouble finding their backside without a torch and a dedicated search party
I hope you don't have that phrase copyrighted - I wanna USE it....

Regards,

Gee Shimi

You got what you wanted . There are several replies from people who would be consider experts by anyone who knows what they have achieved.

The main thing that suprises me is the fact they bothered replying to your post considering the tone of your initial post and your reply to Brains.

Now comes the important question. Will you listen to them ?

Two 1/2 years ago I did , and I am now significantly further down the road towards financial independence than I was then.

see change

Hi Shimi

I think many people are being too hard on you, and as I am a real expert not a pretend expert then I suggest you do the following.

Buy this nice little earner I have for sale in the lovely suburb of Retreat. It's not too far from the beach, is 3bd in the old Queenslander style. Capital growth has to be seen to be believed over 50% p/a for my investment here. Price is only $275000 with an 8.5% gross return garanteed for 3 years. As well you get a free flight to inspect this Queensland property upon signing of contracts and payment of deposit. You need to be quick as others will jump on this opportunity.

Please respond on this forum as quick as possible so we can get the ball rolling.

Bye

Back