Question for the full time investors only :)

wo, take it easy everyone...:) stop the horse I wanna go down..:)

I was just after some advise/shortcuts...who the f&^ said that I can't take a shortcut???? I'm not going to go and buy a place without doing lots of research first, just want some information where should I start, some good tips.

I'm from the eastern suburbs and already have an IP there and paying my mortgage on my place, so I did lots of research around the eastern suburbs where I am from and am very familiar with the property around here.
Because of my limited resources I can't afford anything around the east sub so I want to know where to start looking, and I want a shortcut! Here, I admit it, and if you think about it, this is one of the many reason (if not the main one) why this forum is good for! Shortcuts! Otherwise you can go and get all the information from the library, magazines or wherever...

Anyway, I'm just an IP around the 150K-250K, I can't afford paying a lot of my pocket every month so it should have good return, I'm looking for CG for the long term, I don't know maybe a sea side semi in woop woop land that 5 years from now, will double itself, don't know open for suggestions...

now for the replies I got back:

Lotana, good post mate, how old are you, 7?

steven, excellent reply as well, very informative and funny for a 5 yr old..

Jamie, if you would have read my post carefully I said that even if someone think that he's an expert, for me that is good enough...

see_change, thanks for the warning, but don't worry, I will due my research...

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, my English is not the best, I knew I’d get some aggressive replies back...:)

Oh what will we do in the world without all the cynical people and smart-arses.
Thanks for all the people that replied with good intentions!

Cheers

Shimi

G'day Shimi,

Since you're Sydney-based, why not come along to the Phillip Foote restaurant on 13th April. You'll meet up with a bunch of people from the forum. Some, if not all, will be able to assist you with your search.

Check out "Meeting Point" and book a spot.

Regards,

Shimi,

Lotana, good post mate, how old are you, 7?

You are good in guessing people's age. Hope you'll pick up some other skills on your way to financial freedom.

Learn your dos and your donts and you'll get a star stamp on your hand.

Lotana

Dear Shimi,
sorry if you were upset with my recent post,
Its just that i dont suffer fools gladly and my
English is not to good.

Hi Rolf,
Well basically I have 100K as equity in my place, figured out I'll use 50K out of it, approx 20K for stamp duty that I have to pay by the end of the year for another IP, another 20K as deposit and 10 for misc exp...
Also prefer not to jump too deep if you know what I meen...

Cheers

Any suggestions?

Thanks mate

Shimi

Sorry Les, i won't be in Aus...off to London for a month next week...

I will tune up though for future meetings.

oh, and I'll come only if you guarentee to be on my side, I feel like everyone is going to wait for me there with stones and bats..:) esp Steven and Lotana..:)

No hard feeling guys...Really all I wanted is to get some exp advise where to buy, where to start/focus the research...basically what this forum is all about...:) I wouldn't go and buy a place there straigh away without doing lots of research first..

Cheers

Shimi

Hiya

Suggest you might want to look at LMI and get a dual renter.

The central coast north of Sydney is quite popular for that.

I dont know what your taxable income is but many of my clients find that a 350 to 400 k one of these costs them around 20 to 70 a week.

Cap growth potential seems to be very good based on past figures and rental vacancy is very low

ta

rolf

*sigh*

I always thought it was a good idea to be nice to ppl who you are asking for something from...

Maybe i should try the "who the F%&" approach next time.

Shimi........

Leaving aside what you're trying to achieve for a second (we'd all like shortcuts).

1. You're short on time - join the club - who isn't ??
2. You want a shortcut - who doesn't (even the 'experts')

I don't care about that.
BUT....
your responses are ridiculous!

1. Reread what you're about to post - will anyone take offence?

You were doing fine until "So anyway let's say that if you have less than 5 IPs don't respond unless you still see yourself as an expert..." - it comes across as arrogant. Not the point, but how you say it.

Your reply to the first reply was silly - sorry.

2. When people flame you for the above, retaliating with comments like "how old are you - 7?" is what I would expect a child to say. It only inflames the situation.

3. This "my English is not the best" stuff. I don't care what your english is like, but surely re-reading this, half your posts would offend you if sent to you! It's an excuse for not taking time to think.

I think most people were restrained in their replies.

Regards,

Simon.

ps. Good luck in your investing - and I do mean that.

pps. Your first post could have been:
Hi All,

I'm looking for an IP in the range of 150-250K, my problem is that I'm short on available time to do the research. I'm after any advice people could give on which suburbs / areas / streets would be a good to be give me a head start for further research.

My aim is to buy and hold, with minimal outgoings and no renovation work, so area's with a good yield would be preferred.

I would prefer if this post was answered by experts - people who
have been there and done that, either by having > 5 properties, or through other experience.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shimi
[Not perfect, but still better, and less offensive]

Well put, Simon!

You did come across as a smarta**e, Shimi. Your object is to receive help, and there are so many willing, knowledgeable people on this forum just waiting to offer help, that it would be worthwhile for you to think more carefully about HOW you ask.

Good luck!

Ben

I sympathise with you , you've made an art form of being obnoxious , and all you do is get critised. Along comes some upstart interloper , takes over your mantle and actually gets people giving decent info back.

I can only assume that people where having a quiet day , and were feeling Very bored.

If you're there at Phillips foot I'll shout you one...

see change

Point taken sbe, totally agree, I should have phrased it differently...

But you have to understand, it's easy for you to say, it takes me 20 times longer than you to write the bloody message in english and I have to weight my words 20 times before I use them...
People should just stop getting offended that quickly, esp when I said "(please don't take offence, I'm a newbie as well.. )
"
I even put the smiley...

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

I did learn something out of this post...

Cheers

Shimi

Shimi, I cannot believe you are so innocent in your arrogance, your replies to the forumites was rude and to quote you "childish".
"experienced and not so experienced " people on this forum give other novice forum users great advice and you come along and kick them all in the head.
better to be an ole d...head
than a young smartar..

OH MY GOD ! What is going on with people?

""experienced and not so experienced " people on this forum give other novice forum users great advice and you come along and kick them all in the head."

When did I kick anyone in the head? I only kicked the people that atacked me of misuse of words, people who are looking for other people's mistakes! they are waiting for people to trip and the kick them in stead of heling them up like sbe did.

Bloody hell I feel so bad after this post...

Thank you all.

Cheers

Shimi

Hey Guys!

What's going on here!

Break it up!!!

Shimi has said numerous times that English is not his first language, and has apologised if things seem out of context.
Time to cut him some slack...

Now, I was as, 'amused' by the first post as the rest of you, but sheesh, no need to get the clubs out.

Now, play nice, please.

asy :D

Back