Quotes That Inspire & Motivate You

This one takes various forms, such as:

"I wouldn't do that"
"That's not my thing"
"Do you know what you are doing?"
etc

Quoted from various pessimistic sources, and i must thank all of you d&g's, for if it were not for all of you continually boosting my motivation, i might not have done anything by now!

The Sphinx: When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack.

Last edited:
Mr. Furious: Someone must have ripped the "Q" section out of my dictionary, 'cause I don't know the meaning of the word "quit

One I'd never heard before today, but have fallen in love with:

“Amateurs study strategy, professionals study logistics”

Excellent.

*My will shall shape the future.
Whether I fail or succeed shall be no person's doing but my own.
I am the force;
I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze.
My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny

(Elaine Maxwell)

This is techincally not a saying nor a quote but actually from an Addias print commercial, however, I really am drawn to this statement. It sits on my desk next to a lovely photo of a new SLK350 Mercedes.:cool:

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given than to explore the power that they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. Its an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. Its a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.

this quote is awesome! i love it!

For every person that say's it isn't going to happen that is one more reason it is going to happen.

"I'm sure someone has said this before"

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." Henry Ford.

-If you want to fly with the eagles, don't hang around with turkeys.

-To fly, you have to have resistance.

-Even if you're on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

Just came across this in an email. Failure can be seen and feedback or stepping stones, but the message I just got from this was more of an "aha moment" for me at least than any other definition....especially the bit about staying down.

"You may have a fresh start any moment you
choose, for this thing that we call 'failure'
is not the falling down, but the staying down."

-- Mary Pickford

quotes

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. - Mark Twain

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. ~Dan Rather

Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

I just got back from a funernal for a very outgoing man who died too young. He had many, many quotes. The one the family and friends chose to show at the end of the service was:

"I don't mind burning the candle at both ends, but it's a bugger when it burns in the middle too"

Back