Quotes That Inspire & Motivate You

wish-ga said:
I made that up because I feel a bit blue. :)
Wish-ga, there should be a law against you feeling blue.

Doesn't seem fair, as you spread so much joy.

Keep your chin up.

Regards
Marty

Gotchya something Wish-ga...this will cheer you up...and Marty can sing it, 'cos I maybe beautiful but I can't sing :)

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you.
And I think to myself....what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night.
And I think to myself....what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by.
I see friends, shaking hands, saying how do you do
They're really saying, "I love you."

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow;
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself...what a wonderful world
Yeeees...I think to myself....what a wonderful world........Oh yeah.....

Weiss/Douglas/Thiele 1967

Thanks Wish-ga for all your great positive posts.:)

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."...... James M Barrie

Now, Marty, where did I put your song.....

I had a woman at work today who has been in the same job since 1970 say....

"Oh I dont really have any goals or plan things that much, I just float on through life"

I have to listen to her complain about how much she hates her job almost every day.

RJ

you are smarter than you think, braver than you believe and stronger than you seem - christopher robin to pooh bear

People.
There was a rock climbing wall, on one of the bases I have been posted to, cant remember which one. 'bout 70 feet high.
The front side was like you see in the movies, with bolton hand holds on it, that can be moved to change the hill.
The back side was a staircase.
There used to be mid-teens arrive every few weeks for self esteem classes, kids with issues.
Nearly all of them spent the first trip up the face, screaming that they couldnt do it. it was too hard.
PTIs holding the safety ropes would'nt let them come back down, just make them reach up to the next grip, couple feet at a time. Every time the little buggers would swear there was no way they could do it, have their eyes closed, till finally the PTI would just ""give up on them"" and tell em to walk home. the kids would be shocked, open their eyes and realise that they were at the top and just walk down the stairs.
they'd be swearing crying, till one of their friends at the bottom told them they'd done it.
It sunk in about then that they had.
different kids immediately, smiles, 'lets do it again', 'I did that?',

There really is nothing, that you can't do, if you dont stop trying.

People will work for 2 things, money and recognition. It's illegal to print
money, but it's not illegal to produce recognition. You can capitalise
enormously on your business/investment by giving recognition and it
costs you nothing.
Doug Wead.

(Imagine if we recogised our tennants and business associates (e.g real estate
agents) for who they are and the great things they do. (People always have
something worth recognising). The extra value we would receive in service,
referals ideas etc. the list goes on!

Thanks for starting this Jimmy Jam and Jars :)

I like this stuff...(meaning the thread)

I found this roaming around cyberspace, I don't know anything of this person but it's kinda nice what they have done, a little summary-type-thing, and I'm a bit fond of summary-type-things ;)

www.careerlab.com/comments.htm

I Reckon...

...there is a book in this thread...

"Jimmyjamjar's Collection of Quotable Quotes"

You could gather, print and sell it Jim, and we would all be very happy to see that happen, and take a silent cut of the profits...I personally would only want 22% cut ;) ...(this figure being carefully arrived at from todays date).

I am only kidding! Far too much caffeine and silliness.

"Truth isn't always beauty but the hunger for it is."...Nadine Gordimer

"I hope we learn how to use it as a medium for working together and resolving misunderstanding on everyscore.
A universal medium open to all and not biasing the information it conveys.."
Tim Berners-Lee Inventor of World Wide Web

"Nobody can be exactly me- sometimes even I have trouble doing it."
Tallulah Bankhead

"I am one of the people who love the why of things."
Catherine the Great

"Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational."
Charles Shultz

"I never made a mistake in grammar but one in my life and as soon as I done it I seen it."
Carl Sandburg

"I can always be distracted by love, but eventually I get horny for my creativity."
Gilda Radner

For Bruce:
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which has the potential to turn a life around."
Leo Buscaglia

"We turn not older with years but newer every day."
Emily Dickenson

"For it was not into my ear you whispered but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
Judy Garland

"A discussion is an exchange of knowledge... an argument is an exchange of ignorance."

"Always remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

"Constant change is here to stay."

"Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected?"

"Forgive your enemies...but remember their names."

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional." ;)

"Some days your a dog, some days you're the hydrant."

"On the other hand...you have different fingers."

"If you don't have the capacity to change yourself and your attitudes, then nothing around you can be changed."
The Koran

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
It was here first.
Mark Twain

"The greater the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder."

"Excellence can be attained if you...
care more about others than think is wise...
risk more than others think is safe..
dream more than others think is practical..
expect more than others think is possible."

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance.
Talent will not, nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education alone will not, the world is filled with educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

"Don't ask for a light load...but rather ask for a strong back."

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."
Leon J Suenes

"Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgement difficult."
Hypocrites

our obsession said:
You could gather, print and sell it Jim, and we would all be very happy to see that happen, and take a silent cut of the profits...I personally would only want 22% cut ;) ...(this figure being carefully arrived at from todays date).

After that outstanding contribution, I think you would be entitled to a 50/50 cut. Keep it up and you'll be writing your own book :D
JIM

So far this year I've had 3 very good ones said to me, and since then I've found that I get more out of quotes if they are told to me rather than me reading them..

Scenario 1: I was at my mums (having dinner with the rest of my family)talking about my upcoming wedding and we were talking about losing weight. I asked my mum if she was still trying to lose some because we had just had mothers day and we always have great food on mothers day. Mums response was "I'm not trying... I'm doing!!!"

Scenario 2: A lady at my work wants to lose 10kg by xmas, and she had kind of been on and off her health kick. Finally she came up with the saying "Am I doing it, or what?" and she is so inspirational every time I hear her say it. We had cake for one of the staff members birthdays, and her response when I offered her a piece was "Ben, am I doing it, or what?" (with arms out wide, palms up, and shoulders shrugged). I loved it.

Scenario 3: My brother has a gym set up in his shed at his house, it's a fairly good setup, but only the really dedicated people go there to work out because he has no heating or cooling. He has a sign up that says "No fancy plasmas, just the worlds best DJ's" (he is into DJ music). Anyone who lifts weights knows there is always a point where you don't think you can go anymore, and when I get to that point, my brother will ask me "Is this weight breaking you?" It's a little saying we've got going that takes us to a new level of effort...
I was doing a stock take at work recently and when I felt like I wanted to get up and leave I kept saying to myself "Is this stock take breaking you?" From now on, no matter what, I always believe I can keep going.

Good post Northerner. Very true.

A while back I was speaking to my mother about a family matter.

I said to her, in response to the problem the often used, "Time heals all wounds"

She replied "Love heals all wounds"

Walt Whitman...

"Re-examine all that you have been told...dismiss that which insults your soul.."

"Oh while I live, to be the ruler of life, not a slave, to meet life as a powerful conqueror, and nothing exterior to me will ever take command of me."

"Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you?
Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?"

"To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle.."

"After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on.... have found that none of these finally satisfy or permanently wear- what remains?

Nature remains."

"When I give, I give myself.."

"Youth large lusty loving- Youth full of grace, force, fascination.
Do you know that Old Age may come after you with equal grace, force, fascination?"

"Henceforth I ask not for good fortune.
I myself am good fortune."

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.."

"I am as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best..."

"Be curious, not judgemental.."

"What is commonest and cheapest and nearest and easiest is Me,
Me going in for my chances, spending for vast returns,
Adorning myself to bestow myself on the first that will take me,
No asking the sky to come down to my goodwill scattering if freely forever.

What an interesting man...Walter Whitman 1819-1892

Back