Quotes That Inspire & Motivate You

1. 100% of the shots we DONT take DONT go in....

2. You can race a dead horse around the track but its still dead at the finish line (in other words - get rid of s*it and wear the loss if need be).

3. DO IT!

4. If there is nobody knocking - build a door!

One of my favourites, not sure who said it:
It takes 20 years to make an overnight success.

One of my least favourites of all time (in fact it kinda irks me every time someone mentions it):
Dance like nobody's watching
Are people really that terrified of the limelight? Among my group of friends the majority of us agree that we'd dance better knowing someone was watching. Anyway...

Here's one I kind of thought up myself while flying in to Sydney recently. We were flying just above complete cloud-cover:

Even on the darkest, gloomiest day, above the clouds there is a brilliant blue sky.

Made this one too:

Ultimately nothing matters, because nothing anyone does or says can ever make this world less beautiful.

And of course:

Working is for suckers.

That last one really pushes me to move further and further onto passive income!

-Ian

Hi all,

A quote from an earlier post.....

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling... but in rising every time we fall."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

....has many similar sayings, meaning the same thing.

However my favourite amongst them comes from the lips of the governator himself..

"I'll be back"

Though you have to pronounce it as "aisle bee baack" in a deep voice with an Austrian accent.;)

bye

The Law of the seed:

Effort + Patience = Results

You reap your harvest after you do the work

"WE are here to learn lessons and the world is our teacher.

When we fail to learn a lesson we get to take it again....and again!

Once we have learned the lesson we get to move onto the next one.

And we never run out of lessons!"

"To succeed at anything you don't need to be a genius; but you do need a good plan!

Most people fail to plan"

Andrew Mathews

The Self..

the_self.JPG

When I started this thread, I knew I'd get some terrific quotes, but > 160 posts later, its still powering on.
Who'da thunk it :D
Keep it up team, great work.

JIM

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."

~G.K. Chesterton

"To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude."

~Albert Schweitzer

Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend.

mine

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Sir Winston Churchill

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Mark Twain

Here are some classics from INXS and Pearl Jam:

INXS: We all have wings, but some of us, don't know why... (Tear us apart)

So I think, damb it, I have wings, I'm going to frikken fly...

Pearl Jam: I can only be as good as you let me... (Pearl Jam)

So this one basically says to me, stuff you, I'm much better than people let me be...

Very deep....

"All who affirm the use of violence admit it is only a means to achieve justice and peace. But peace and justice are nonviolence...the final end of history. Those who abandon nonviolence have no sense of history. Rathy they are bypassing history, freezing history, betraying history."

~~André Trocmé

**Peace - the word evokes the simplest and most cherished dream of humanity. Peace is, and has always been, the ultimate human aspiration. And yet our history overwhelmingly shows that while we speak incessantly of peace, our actions tell a very different story.**

~~Perez de Cuellar Javier

Peace is, and has always been, the ultimate human aspiration. And yet our history overwhelmingly shows that while we speak incessantly of peace, our actions tell a very different story

.....Actions speak louder than words.....

knowledge in itself is not power - only "applied" knowledge is power ... dolf de roos

people who are capable of thinking for themselves will rarely be part of any herd ... donald trump

here's one from the new book, why we want you to be rich by robert kiyosaki and donald trump , the quote however is by warren buffett

My rich dad would say, "The reason why most E and S quadrant people suffer is because they take financial advise from other E's and S's. Or , as Warren Buffett has said "WALL SREET IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT PEOPLE DRIVE TO IN A ROLLS ROYCE TO TAKE ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO RIDE THE SUBWAY"

Back