R.I.P Heath Ledger

Just wanted to post a msg leaving my condolences to the late Heath Ledger who was found dead this morning in his New York apartment.

I was an avid fan and am deeply dissapointed at this news, and give my thoughts to his family and friends affected by this loss.

Stu

yes, I heard about it a short time ago...quite shocking really. Another great talent gone...

Latest (9.40am) is he was found in the apartment owned by Mary Kate Olsen with pills beside him. They're speculating drug overdose.

The Mary Kate Olsen apartment rumor is not true.

Very sad to see, and at such a young age.

I always remember him best from 'Two Hands' - smaller Australian movie, but very good.

knights tale was one of my favourite.

can't believe it - he was so young, fit and didn't seem to be into that drug scene at all. i gather it was untreated pneumonia.

another tragic loss of a young man

feels a bit like when river phoenix died - i'd only just discovered him as an actor, and really admired him (half in love) ... yet he died to young too (of his own devices!!).

i hope for his family, and his little girl, that it was natural causes, and that he didn't take his own life - accidently or not.

What Heath said in a recent interview

"You also look at death differently. It's like a catch 22. I feel good about dying now because I feel like I'm alive in her.

"But at the same time, you don't want to die because you want to be around for the rest of her life."

It's really sad but then death is a part of life. For buddhism they say without death there's no life so both life and death should be celebrated. He made so many great achievements and will be rememberd fondly...ofcourse his greatest achievement was lil Matilda.

This is so terribly sad. A tragic accidental death and must have been so hard for his poor family so far away when the news broke.

I've heard that Heath Ledger was using Stilnox to aid his sleep. I honestly believe Stilnox is dangerous because it reacts adversely with even small amounts of alcohol and also with other meds and is under investigation here in Australia for all the weird things people do while taking it. It can bring on an amnesia type effect and it is frightening what you can do while taking it.
If he had an amnesia reaction he may even have taken too many pills.

I'm surprised no-one has resurrected this thread yet, given the latest about Heath's debaucherous and wicked ways. Who would have thought our Heath could possibly be into drugs?!
No-one like the fickle media to praise the man for a week after his death then turn on him like this... wow, what a disgrace.

I'm surprised no-one has resurrected this thread yet, given the latest about Heath's debaucherous and wicked ways. Who would have thought our Heath could possibly be into drugs?!
No-one like the fickle media to praise the man for a week after his death then turn on him like this... wow, what a disgrace.

Thought the same thing last night when I saw the promo for that nights episode of ET (or one of those crappy shows). Last week they were in mourning and describing what a tragic loss it is, and sending condolences to his family. This week "hear all about Heath's drug parties and drinking binge..."

This is so very sad. I feel that the stories are probably very exaggerated. I think I read one where Heath was supposed to have said he had used drugs for 20 years. Wasn't he only 28? Thats a bit of a stretch.

I doubt there'd be an actor anywhere that hasn't been to parties where drugs are used and plenty of people use but are not "addicted". Doesn't mean everyone there is partaking. He may have only used socially. Welcome to the lives of a lot of very ordinary people. He held down work so he couldn't have been out of control with his use.

I think one thing that is telling is there is a lot of pressure on celebrities that are coping with fame away from the support of their extended family and friends. It must increase susceptibility to anxiety and depression. If his family had been around, he would have had closer guidance and better care while dealing with his pneumonia.
Hopefully the industry will put more effort into caring for the mental health of their young talent in the future. Maybe the various drama schools should include a larger component of teaching their young actors more about self care.

Back