Radio Caller

Listening to the Radio in Brisbane this Morning;
Caller (Stated to be a long-term PM) advised all tenants that owe money in unpaid rent to apply for a "Hardship" ruling that squashes all unpaid monies to the landlord. States she helps them lodge this action after vacating the premises. Sounds like she does this a lot!

I for one would like to know who this PM is so I can warn all other investors to avoid them like the plague. Tenants from my experience have no difficulty in avoiding paying any owed money without these type of do-gooders sprouting off about how to avoiding commitments. Perhaps we should advise investors on how to avoid PM fees?

Caller (Stated to be a long-term PM) advised all tenants that owe money in unpaid rent to apply for a "Hardship" ruling that squashes all unpaid monies to the landlord. States she helps them lodge this action after vacating the premises. Sounds like she does this a lot!

I for one would like to know who this PM is so I can warn all other investors to avoid them like the plague. Tenants from my experience have no difficulty in avoiding paying any owed money without these type of do-gooders sprouting off about how to avoiding commitments. Perhaps we should advise investors on how to avoid PM fees?

Easy enough to find out who she is... ring the radio station. (pretend to be a "hardship case" if need be) bet they will bend over backwards to give you her details, or at least pass your details to her and she will contact you .

Easy enough to find out who she is... ring the radio station. (pretend to be a "hardship case" if need be) bet they will bend over backwards to give you her details, or at least pass your details to her and she will contact you .

Excellent.

Which station was this out of interest?

some younger agents forget who they work for.

and they have more dealings with the tenants then the owners who most of them they never meet.

would also like to know who?

Probably a PM paid by the hour, no understanding of business, employee.....

People work differently for their dollars depending on how they are remunerated.;)

Yes but the licensee still relies on commission from rent - if the licensee was feeling the pinch due to uncollected rent they change staff.

Yes but the licensee still relies on commission from rent - if the licensee was feeling the pinch due to uncollected rent they change staff.

Which is logical - Something that many employees don't seem to realise. Just like the unions pushing some companies to the brink for MORE, many employees don't truly understand that they need to provide value for their money to keep being paid.

WTF?Why would a PM working for any owner sabotage their income stream? If they don'tcollect rent they don't get paid.

You have to imagine you are on the ground and are having face to face contacts with professional tenants who could and would eat you for breakfast.

It is not unusual for a PM (or an owner) to lose sight of what they are there for and it is a commercial transaction.

Have you never met a PM who is still negotiating for the really nice tenant who is just a bit down on his luck and the place got a little out of hand because blah, blah & blah and anyhow it really wasn't extra clean before he moved in blah, blah & blah? Those who live by their wits learn very early how to build a relationship with the PM (or the person they intend to gull). The rest is easy.

Just to add, all PMs and owners get taken in sometime. The tenant was skilled at his/her job.

Last edited:
They do get taken for a ride. A potential tenant can have the best references in the world but till they move in you just dont know. Data Bases like TICA which is also good for private landlords are great to help make the process that little bit easier.

Data Bases like TICA which is also good for private landlords are great to help make the process that little bit easier.

Speaking of TICA, I have noticed that very few PM's bother to use TICA. Tenants I have placed on TICA seem to have no trouble obtaining new leases.

Back