Rain in SE QLD

Ohhhh Rockstar

Hubby is heading up to Tweed Heads this afternoon for a Department of Fair Trading Building Seminar ---- I don't think he will be happy when he gets home late tonight .

Sheryn

Still p1$$1ng down here Sheryn. Hope he can get back! Though Mrs R got back ok from Mur'bah around 4pm. There's a flood warning out on Tweed and Brunswick rivers already.

Thankfully it was a false alarm on the severe weather warning up here on the Sunny Coast this afternoon, the sun came out instead. The rain has just started again, only light though.

There is a development happening close by. They spent the past week draining two dams, the pump was going late into the night last night. This morning the smaller dam was full and the larger one half full.

Sunshine

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything from my PMs in Ipswich so at least my properties aren't flooded yet. Mr Natmarie laid his turf last week so the rain is very welcome in that regard.

It's raining, It's pouring

A picture of our back yard :)

Attachments

• rain02.jpg
    rain02.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 80
I've had a chaotic afternoon, to say the least. I didn't get out of it so lightly. I'm in a warm and dry serviced apartment. Here is my living room:

IMG242-01Small.jpg

Those odd angles are because the furniture is FLOATING! :eek:

And the rather frightening sight out the kitchen door:

MG226-01Small.jpg

I'm so not looking forward to the clean-up... *sigh* (virtual hugs welcome)

what a great reason to make sure you buy a house at the top of a hill/the street.

Question next will be after all the water damage to your place will your insurance pay up... didja sacrifice quality of policy for premium. If you dont know or arent sure, read your policy or call your insurer before they get swamped with claims.

I've had a chaotic afternoon, to say the least. I didn't get out of it so lightly. I'm in a warm and dry serviced apartment. Here is my living room:

IMG242-01Small.jpg

Those odd angles are because the furniture is FLOATING! :eek:

And the rather frightening sight out the kitchen door:

MG226-01Small.jpg

I'm so not looking forward to the clean-up... *sigh* (virtual hugs welcome)

Ooo! AHH! and hugs! mmm! perfect one day and a little damp under foot the next.

Oh dear Tracey, large virtual hug or three sent your way.

I am glad you and your family are tucked up safe and dry for the night (or two).

Sunshine

what a great reason to make sure you buy a house at the top of a hill/the street.

Question next will be after all the water damage to your place will your insurance pay up... didja sacrifice quality of policy for premium. If you dont know or arent sure, read your policy or call your insurer before they get swamped with claims.
Well, I'm not 100% sure whether they'll pay out or not... I did get "as much protection" as I could, but there's just a limit to how much insurance you can get against flooding. I'm encouraged by the fact that the same insurer paid us out for a water ingress claim previously, under similar circumstances (though nowhere near as severe). I've lodged a claim tonight.

Our house is near the bottom of a hill and slopes down away from the street; whilst there was water rising up from the creek into our house, I also have photos of the water coming in the front door, so that demonstrates that we did also have water running into the house from above (which is covered as stormwater damage).

Even if we're not covered at all, we're philosophical. We'll survive. The house has more than trebled in value since we bought it just 8 years ago, so if we have to take out a $50K loan to replace all the floor coverings, furniture, and contents, we're still way in front.

I'm more horrified about the prospect of cleaning up than the potential financial implications, to be honest. :( Though the house is going to get that clear-out that I've been wanting!

Not sure why the last photo doesn't show up, let's try again:

IMG226-01Small-1.jpg

Keep those virtual hugs coming; I think I'll need them when I get home to the filthy, smelly mess tomorrow. :eek:

You have plenty of heart felt sympathy from me Tracey. You certainly have an eventful life at present!
We are being currently battered by heavy rain and galeforce wind. Being on a hill we have different worries than being low lying. I heard a cracking sound a little earlier. Sounded like a tree snapping in two. Rivers will be flooding for certain tomorrow. On top of it all there is now lightning flashing outside.

Hope you are all safe tonight. I am going off to snuggle up in bed.

Oh yuck! Tracey poor you!

Virtual hugs on their way. Our family and two others are booked on flights to go up with staggered arrivals from Saturday through to Monday, supposedly to get a little winter sun and warm up!!!!:D

Looks like we won't need to go to Wet n Wild or White Water World for all the action! Pity we have pre-purchased the entry tickets.
Oh well if the kids can brave the cold, we'll probably get the parks to ourselves!:cool:
Just checked a 10 day weather forecast site on the net and it doesn't look like we can expect many dry days. :(
Thought you advertised the sunshine state to us frozen tourists here in Adelaide!

I ended up coming home from work today after a rude call from the school saying that it was a police direction to collect my children from school immediatley and that if i didn't it would be reported ??? who to the police Child safety...who knows.

So ended up canceling a meeting collecting my child from day care, got the train home thinking it must be really bad.

Well it was......raining...yes that is all raining. 5 minutes after i picked her up the sun came out I just think the teachers wanted an extra day off.

I'm lucky that I can work from home which i have decided to also do tomorrow to save on all the dramas.

On a better note our houses are all dry and warm. Can't say the same about the shoes i wore to work.

My 4 year old keeps giving me grief on telling her on Sunday that she did not need gumboots.....

I ended up coming home from work today after a rude call from the school saying that it was a police direction to collect my children from school immediatley and that if i didn't it would be reported ??? who to the police Child safety...who knows.

So ended up canceling a meeting collecting my child from day care, got the train home thinking it must be really bad.

Well it was......raining...yes that is all raining. 5 minutes after i picked her up the sun came out I just think the teachers wanted an extra day off.

I'm lucky that I can work from home which i have decided to also do tomorrow to save on all the dramas.

On a better note our houses are all dry and warm. Can't say the same about the shoes i wore to work.

My 4 year old keeps giving me grief on telling her on Sunday that she did not need gumboots.....

Ha! Ha! on the gumboots i would'nt stop hearing about it from my 8 yo.

Hi Tracey,

Virtual hug from us east side.

I'm more horrified about the prospect of cleaning up than the potential financial implications, to be honest. Though the house is going to get that clear-out that I've been wanting!

The last sentence above is what I love about your posts and attitude.

Go Girl!

PM me if you need any assistance.

Cheers,
Horizon

Oh my goodness Oz, BIG hugs!! So sorry you guys are going through this, almost an incomprehensible downpour of rain to this brain...that is simply incredible mate.

Hi Tracey. Another virtual hug from me. Is that water half way up the glass panel at the bottom of the door :eek:.

I have send a PM but not sure if you will get it before you see this. I would like to say I am happy to come over and help mop up if you get back to me. Many hands make light work.

Hi Tracey. Another virtual hug from me. Is that water half way up the glass panel at the bottom of the door :eek:.
Yes, it is! All the doors and windows were like this. My 8yo twin boys were crying and screaming "we're going to die", which was a great background to my frantic running around trying to decide what to move up higher... It was chaos!
wylie said:
I have send a PM but not sure if you will get it before you see this. I would like to say I am happy to come over and help mop up if you get back to me. Many hands make light work.
wylie, I got your PM, and am overwhelmed to be the recipient of such a kind offer. We'll go and see how dry the place is today, and we're also waiting on the insurer to find out what we need to do/not do so as not to jeopardise our claim. I've just checked out our policy online, and we have flood cover as well as storm cover anyway - phew!

Back