Rangehoods - do I go cheap or expensive?

We're removing a fitted rangehood from a fireplace and replacing it with a concealed one.

It will require significant labour because of the cutting required to get the unit to fit internally.

Because of the extra cost we're wondering how far do we go with this thing?

Do we install a Westinghouse for $400 excluding ducting (was quoted up to $500 for this one, but not sure about the ducting), or bite the bullet and go for a Schweigen at around $1200 including ducting.

I don't know if I can justify paying 2K for a rangehood and fit, when in reality the cheaper would probably be fine.

The other thing is the flue. It will need to be about 4.5m long. Will the length negatively impact the functioning of the cheaper unit? If so this may be the deciding factor.

The other thing is Schweigen don't do a 700mm rangehood, so will need to purchase a 600mm, whereas Westinghouse do, and our cooker is 700mm. Going to a 900mm rangehood is not an option.

We cook a lot, but much of the greasy cooktop cooking is actually done outside on the BBQ, winter and summer.

flue of 4.5m means that no matter what brand, any removed oil smoke and steam will condense in the flue.
really bad idea, rancid smells
add mesh screens and a charcoal filter for better clean, and the exhaust can be redirected to the kitchen, no flue
worked at restaurant, cleaned the stacks, only 2m long but, you really dont want what collects in exhaust flues anywhere near your food eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww
definitely dont want the exhaust to be smaller than the stovetop

as far as $, have not yet seen any rangehood that wasnt powered by the same chinese motor,
price quality​

flue of 4.5m means that no matter what brand, any removed oil smoke and steam will condense in the flue.

That's what I wanted to know.

The Schweigen has it's fan at the roof or at the top of the chimney in my case, not in the rangehood, and is much more powerful.

I was hoping to avoid that route.

Can't redirect anywhere else.

And don't like the idea of filters to be honest :(.

there's a brand that is cheap and super super powerful

goldenhood.com.au

it is used commercially in kitchens in asia but somehow it is sold to retail customers here in australia.

Back