RBA meet August - will they drop IR

Best thing is when business picks up and rates drop. Unfortunately for a lot of people out there the reason why the rates are cut is there is less income!

Yippie, crack the champers, I just got a pay rise.:p

How???

If you are currently on a fixed rate that rate is fixed. If they drop the fixed rate that would only then apply to business signing up for that fixed rate.

Maybe I'm missing something???

If you sign up for fixed and didn't pay the rate lock - and the fixed rate goes down - do you get the reduced rate? Because f=if you don't pay rate lock fee and it goes up - you pay the new rate?

according to article by kevin young rates will be 2.0% by april 2014 thats 2-3 more cuts. whoa alot of business must go bust.

How???

If you are currently on a fixed rate that rate is fixed. If they drop the fixed rate that would only then apply to business signing up for that fixed rate.

Maybe I'm missing something???

Oops, you are right... OK holding off on the Champaign until 6 August, when they drop;)

I'm betting a drop of .25%
Hoping for .5 though.

It will mean a double bonus for me as the $aud will also drop :)

Let the good times roll.

Blacky

I'm betting a drop of .25%
Hoping for .5 though.

It will mean a double bonus for me as the $aud will also drop :)

Let the good times roll.

Blacky

Me too, $aud at 91-92, am also betting that the drop will impact on this and fall further....happy days.;)

?? why do you say that

because the interest rate is a leverage tool for economic activity, a rate drop prediction of .75 % looks certainty businesses are going gangbusters and not in a good way, i can see the signboards everywhere driving around town. it looks unusual for a whole stretch of manufacturing suburbs having signboards of FORSALE/FORLEASE i was looking at getting into commercial warehouse purchase but scared now.

i have signed up for newsletters with alot of gurus they all saying pretty much same thing resi is going to boom in prices next 2-3 years. scary....

because the interest rate is a leverage tool for economic activity, a rate drop prediction of .75 % looks certainty businesses are going gangbusters and not in a good way, i can see the signboards everywhere driving around town. it looks unusual for a whole stretch of manufacturing suburbs having signboards of FORSALE/FORLEASE i was looking at getting into commercial warehouse purchase but scared now.

i have signed up for newsletters with alot of gurus they all saying pretty much same thing resi is going to boom in prices next 2-3 years. scary....

That the problem with gurus - try tell you what they want you to hear

Most of the gurus that were around 10 years ago are not around today.... OK Steve McKnight still around.

What happened to

Peter Spann

Navra

Carly C (C Corp)

M Yardney

You will probably find that the strategies these gurus were promoting does not work, you will need to research why;)

Back