RBA's Unofficial Briefings: Interest Rates Headed Down Soon

How can you think that? I thought we were about midway and heading up.

Rates are still rising from the very low GFC rate cuts.

I figured we had several rises, the economy was not booming along, and we were approaching longer term average levels. Given the fallout of the GFC will take years to clear the system, I figured rates might hang a bit this cycle.

That was my initial reasoning. Based on newer information, especially around inflation, I'm revising the view to having several further moves upwards.

Rates are going to go very high. Recession around the corner. Hang on to your job Samalayasa, might not be there soon.

He he my job is quite safe i work for a company that will operate regardless of the economic conditions, if we stop operating people will die:eek:

I do not have a single debt:cool: and i got enough savings to take me through any situation:D

Rates are going to go very high. Recession around the corner. Hang on to your job Samalayasa, might not be there soon.

rates are going high because the good times are starting to roll. With the dollar at $1.50 or whatever, jobs aplenty and a roaring economy we will soon remember why we are called the dumb lucky country

I personally don't care whether interest rates go up or down!
If they go up, prices come down, so with cash deposits i can accumulate more houses!!

If they go down, prices go up, so i've got more equity in what i already own, so i can borrow more, to buy more :D

If they go up, prices come down, so with cash deposits i can accumulate more houses!!

If they go down, prices go up, so i've got more equity in what i already own, so i can borrow more, to buy more :D

Locko

Good point mate.
The problem with IR's going up is that our borrowing capacity goes down so although we could have plenty of equity we might not be able to finance our next purchase.

So those of us who are interested to grow their portfolio but are close to their borrowing limit should be buying sooner rather than later.

i think the issue is being exposed to RE in the first place.

it's hard for a lot of people to buy anything - and those that could end up jumping through hoops to prove serviceability.

while credit is there, it ain't easy to get. while houses are becoming more affordable, we're not allowed to buy by those lending - or they want more flesh int he game that a lot of folk don't have.

rock-hard place kinda scenario.

Back