Next Interest Rate Movement down?

Still "100% certain" that rates will go up next month?

Either way, property is heading for a correction, so it really does not matter either way. The bigger call was the 30% correction of Australia property.
I said rates would go up, unless there was another GFC (check the posts back 2mths). A lot of Somersofters were scoffing at the idea of GFC2 (D&G they said,:rolleyes:). Well guys, who was right.

You guys are cheering the interest rates drop on like it's a good thing. If the RBA need to move 0.5%, then it means that global economic conditions are stuffed. Government stimulus spending won't hold up the property market this time like during GFC1.

Australia's money market is pricing in almost 160 basis points of cuts to the official 4.75 per cent cash rate in the next 12 months.

This is GFC levels. 30% property market correction, here we come.

Either way, property is heading for a correction, so it really does not matter either way. The bigger call was the 30% correction of Australia property.
I said rates would go up, unless there was another GFC (check the posts back 2mths). A lot of Somersofters were scoffing at the idea of GFC2 (D&G they said,:rolleyes:). Well guys, who was right.

You guys are cheering the interest rates drop on like it's a good thing. If the RBA need to move 0.5%, then it means that global economic conditions are stuffed. Government stimulus spending won't hold up the property market this time like during GFC1.

This is GFC levels. 30% property market correction, here we come.

Yes! Nothing to be happy about. It has been my view that we were stuffed as soon as Labor got their hands on the kitty.

Where's the back up now?

Regards JO

Yeah, yeah property down 30%, just like 2008/09 ;)

I never said 2008. Always said 2012. Your mistaking me with Keen.

So the Somersoft bulls have it correct of interest rate drops (though I have been banging on about GFC2), but they are still to realise that the property market will correct.

There is movement at the station

CBA, which faces stiff competition from local rivals such as National Australia Bank , said its new fixed rates for loans from one to 5 years would now range from 6.59 percent to 6.99 percent, the lowest of any of the four big local banks

No you didn't. You are re-writing history AGAIN. Here is your actuial quote from a week ago. You lose all credibility when you are 100% certain of something happening a week ago, yet now you are backing away from your own statement at 100 miles an hour.

I now call a 100% chance of a 0.25% rate rise in September. I also suspect that with higher than expected CPI figures in the Sept quarter, that rates will head up a second time in Dec or Feb.

Inflation is becoming a problem, and the RBA won't hold indefinately. And certainly won't lower interest rates as some on here suggest.

No mention of GFC2, no mention of 'unless another GFC'. Who are you trying to deceive here, us or yourself?

Property may go up or down but its ludicrous to say it will come down by x%....

Property doesn't even go up in x% there are different markets all over NSW and different markets within those markets also.

No you didn't. You are re-writing history AGAIN. Here is your actuial quote from a week ago. You lose all credibility when you are 100% certain of something happening a week ago, yet now you are backing away from your own statement at 100 miles an hour.

Yes I did, as per a post on another thread on 3rd August. Hey, sue me, while I did predict that GFC2 would happen, even I didn't expect problems so soon (obviously a lot has happened the past week). So the second statement is still valid.
Do I really care what happens to interest rates with a 24% LVR, NO.

So core inflation is starting to head up to the higher end of the RBA's 2-3% range, and headline inflation is already at 3.6%.
I suspect the the Sept CPI number will show even the core inflation close to 3%.

All things point to a rate rise. I think they will move up 0.25% in September.

The only way the rates will fall is if the world implodes again and we head into GFC2 and we need more emergency rate falls.
And really, I don't think you want to cheer interest rates down from a low 4.75%, as it means that the economy is in trouble, and this time property will be hit hard.

So you are expecting the Government to step in with tens of billions of stimulus like the did in 2008 if GFC II hits?

Do you know...this comment would be funny...if it wasn't so true.

Would not suprise me one bit.

Regards JO

Then why bother giving us a worthless prediction every 5 minutes??? Geez...

Mate, you guys quote the markets predictions on rates. The markets were also pointing to 2 interest rate rises in 6mths. So even the economic boffins get it wrong and did a 180deg.

Yeah, listen to the property bulls on here, and you'll be right.:rolleyes:
Listen to the property bulls, property won't correct.

Anyway, see you guys, It's a property forum, so as I'm staying out of more property until late 2013/ early 2014 (after the correction), so no point in being here. Concentrate on the ASX (so I'll go find some share trading forum).

Cheers, been fun.

....It's a property forum, so as I'm staying out of more property until late 2013/ early 2014 (after the correction), so no point in being here. Concentrate on the ASX (so I'll go find some share trading forum). Cheers, been fun.

Yeah, you said that on 13.7.2011 here: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=811947&postcount=255
but you're still here :rolleyes:

Here's a prediction for you:
IR's are headed down, so loan serviceability has increased.
The sharemarket has crashed.
Ppl are sitting on substantial savings.
In 2 - 4 weeks time after ppl get over the shock, money will start to flow into RE investments and certain areas will experience the same boom conditions we had mid GFC Ver 1.0

Let's see :)

Do you know...this comment would be funny...if it wasn't so true.

Would not suprise me one bit.

Regards JO

It will lead to high inflation though which will help pay off my debt, sure interest rates will rise but so will my wages, so I dont see it as all bad.

Chomp

Anyway, see you guys, It's a property forum, so as I'm staying out of more property until late 2013/ early 2014 (after the correction), so no point in being here. Concentrate on the ASX (so I'll go find some share trading forum).

Cheers, been fun.

lol i'll believe it when I see it. Just like every other statement made, I'm sure you'll back track and be back here in no time.

Prove us wrong, I beg you ;)

It will lead to high inflation though which will help pay off my debt, sure interest rates will rise but so will my wages, so I dont see it as all bad.

Chomp

If you still have a job.......Hope you are self-employed. Wages will rise but not after staff have been laid off as business suffers.

Prop:

I think you are right about savings but from my previous experience GFC1 the banks were still assessing at 2% higher which was generally alot higher than the DSR of the good ole days. Not sure if servicing will be any easier.

It took at least a year of hurt for the property market to bounce back.

Regards JO

Back