Next Interest Rate Movement down?

Prop:

I think you are right about savings but from my previous experience GFC1 the banks were still assessing at 2% higher which was generally alot higher than the DSR of the good ole days. Not sure if servicing will be any easier.
I meant from the POV that wages have risen, savings have risen and if we get IR drops it will all be easier. :)

It took at least a year of hurt for the property market to bounce back. Regards JO
I'm a patient man :)
The TV is already conditioning the masses with The Block, Renovators, Hot Auctions etc etc.........it is all going to plan ;)

Prop spot on.....this was laready happening...but it will now happen quicker.

Hard assets like real estate, gold, silver do well in times like this.

Just got Margin called and sold a third...still not worried as I have property and a buffer.

Yeah, you said that on 13.7.2011 here: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=811947&postcount=255
but you're still here :rolleyes:

Here's a prediction for you:
IR's are headed down, so loan serviceability has increased.
The sharemarket has crashed.
Ppl are sitting on substantial savings.
In 2 - 4 weeks time after ppl get over the shock, money will start to flow into RE investments and certain areas will experience the same boom conditions we had mid GFC Ver 1.0

Let's see :)

I don't see the current selling off on the stock exchange as GFC2. The US government made everyone nervous with their political games before raising their debt ceiling and S&P have punished them. After a couple of weeks stock market will recover the losses of the last few days. Then inflation will be a problem in Australia as we will be dealing with a lower $US dollar exchange rate. Economists will then be factoring in interest rate rises again.

GFC 1.0 started off as a 'small' correction but then turned out into the biggest decline since the Great Depression...think what you will

Just noticed a big problem

This Westpac economist keeps saying there'll be rate cuts. He gets it wrong nearly EVERYTIME

I am not happy he is saying that

I don't see the current selling off on the stock exchange as GFC2. The US government made everyone nervous with their political games before raising their debt ceiling and S&P have punished them. After a couple of weeks stock market will recover the losses of the last few days. Then inflation will be a problem in Australia as we will be dealing with a lower $US dollar exchange rate. Economists will then be factoring in interest rate rises again.

The situation in the EU is far worse then the situation in the US and that domino will fall soon.

The situation in the EU is far worse then the situation in the US and that domino will fall soon.

Possible, I think that they'll have to unite further or the markets will take advantage of the situation and bring them all down.
Perhaps they need to get the ECB to print cash and buy some of that toxic debt.....

Mate, you guys quote the markets predictions on rates. The markets were also pointing to 2 interest rate rises in 6mths. So even the economic boffins get it wrong and did a 180deg.

Yeah, listen to the property bulls on here, and you'll be right.:rolleyes:
Listen to the property bulls, property won't correct.

Anyway, see you guys, It's a property forum, so as I'm staying out of more property until late 2013/ early 2014 (after the correction), so no point in being here. Concentrate on the ASX (so I'll go find some share trading forum).

Cheers, been fun.

Really? Again? See you in a day or two.

Looks like rate cut might be off the agenda again!

I knew it, the moment Westpac's Chief Economist opened his mouth. He has a 100% strike rate of getting it wrong.

Back