Real estate agents in Mandurah

Hi. Im not really an investor but stumbled across this site in search engine and it looks like a good place to ask my question.
My boyfriend and I have been waiting for some time and are about to start looking for a house. He has a good sized deposit so we have a healthy start but I would like to add to his share so we can get a house suitable for starting a family in. I have some equity in my unit that I currently live in and which I would like to sell for my contribution.
Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent in Mandurah to sell my unit through?
thanks in advance,
Anne.

Anne

Do you have to sell?

If you have good equity in the unit, borrow against the unit to contribute to the house- and rent the unit out.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the suggestion but I can't see how we could do this. We are not high income earners, approx. 75k per year, I'm working a renewable contract, about 40k, my boyfriend works through an agency and makes about 35k in a good year. We will probably have to apply for a low doc loan to get into the house we would ideally like.

Currently we are thinking along the lines of:

Purchase price $550 000
Stamp duty/costs $30 000

Our current plan to sell Unit to use equity and borrow less:

Deposit $75000
Equity $150 000
Total deposit $225 000

Amount required $580 000

Loan amount will be about $355 000
Monthly repayments $2,234.51

We can stretch to make this payment with us both working, my partner is trying to find a better paid job, hopefully without having to fly in/fly out although this is looking more like the way to go so we can start a family and I can take some time out to care for kids.

Alternative option of keeping the unit and borrow against both properties

Deposit $75 000
Loan amount $505 000

Monthly repayments $3,178.00

No way possible to make these level of payments and even if we could I could not afford to stop working at all.

The idea of becoming an investor sounds great but we think we should focus on getting our own home and maybe think about investing later when we have got ahead a bit more.

So still looking for a reliable and honest agent in Mandurah (Anyone?:) )

regards,
Anne.

I'd suggest you go via personal recommendations first, especially people who have sold in the area and recommend their agent.

if no recommendations are fourth coming I'd suggest you talk to the most successful (ie most sales) agencies in mandurah in last 3 months, being the following three companies.

RE/MAX First*
Kevin Green & Associates*
Professionals Mandurah*

Good luck

Paulie

Thanks everyone, I'll try Basset Scarfe as I have heard good reports of these guys, I was just looking for other opinions to confirm this.

I'm so glad I found this forum, I can't believe how much I'm learning about real estate and related topics and it's local and relevant. So many forums these days seem to be just bickering and insults but this one is well run and populated by helpful people, I'm very impressed. Many thanks again.

regards
Anne. :)

Back