Real Estate Speak

I love "Real Estate Speak"

Quaint = Too small for anything useful

Gourmet Kitchen = May have stainess steel appliances

Large Spacious Open Plan Living area = When you get up from the dining table, the chair MAY not hit the sofa.

What else can we add

This is gonna be fun :)

Sue

"Renovator's dream" = send in the bulldozers!

"Neat, sweet and complete" (a favourite in our area) = too small to swing a cat and the decor is awful.

Cheers
LynnH

1. "Absolute prime location".......the 17th best block in the street.

2. "Potential".....to make the place financially viable, you'll only need to submit 3 applications, take 4 years, survive a development partition from neighbours and 2 appeals to the Supreme Court and finally get formal written sign off from the State Planning & Development Minister. After that it's a snip, just a case of spending heaps of upfront capital and the place will be an absolute goldmine. You're so lucky to have found this opportunity......most people can't see it.

3. "basically"......everything after this word is complete and utter nonsense, and if you don't double and triple check the very fine print to find out what comes after the "basically", well then you basically deserve to be over a barrel.

4. "It's just the standard contract drawn up by the REI legal division"......magnificent, go ahead and sign on the dotted line without changing anything....I dare you.

"water veiws" - stand on the roof and you can glimpse the water thru the trees.

"double bedrooms" - big enough for 1 double bed, 2 bedside tables and then you have to walk sideways around the edges of the room.

"Wonderful views of the river"....If you get your binoculars out and climb up a step ladder at the far left front side of the property you'll get a glimpse over the edge of a 20 meter cliff edge drop to a crappy looking mostly dried up river bank. Great for the fisher man that likes to wait for the longest drought in Australian history to break.

Agent - "The house has new wiring!"....Buyer - "When was it new?"....Agent - "1960"

"double bedrooms" - big enough for 1 double bed, 2 bedside tables and then you have to walk sideways around the edges of the room.

Wow, you could fit in the two bedside tables??? That really WAS a double bedroom ;)

"character-filled" - it hasn't been updated for 100 years

"easy to maintain" - they've concreted very square inch of the lot, not a piece of vegetation to be seen

"mini acreage" - standard sized lot

"ideal family home" - the kids have already drawn on the walls with crayons

"recently renovated" - the paint is still wet, the previous owners have tried to pretty it up for selling, don't look too closely at the workmanship

"peaceful street" - middle of nowhere

'Won't last at this price' = You will have to spend plenty in maintenance to make sure it does indeed last, a cheap sale price is it's best point.

'Development potential' = If there was easy money to be made you wouldn't even be reading this.

'Worst house, best street' = At least half of this statement is correct.

oh funniest 1 ever, this is true.

my first house ever...

ad read;
Situated in a private area this 3 bedroom hardi plank home won't last long. Boasting large lounge room, separate dining room, spacious kitchen, 1 and a 1/2 car detached garage and is ideally located in a quiet location. Homes in this area and at this price don't last long so be quick to call.

this 3 bedroom hardi plank home won't last long. this was true, i knew termites had been in house, but they were active in roof. roof caved in 1week after buying.

My biggest gripe with ads at the moment is when they say "Prime Location" or "Position, position, position!" and then don't tell you where it is so you are forced to call the agent (when upon them telling you the location, you hang up on them).

My biggest gripe with ads at the moment is when they say "Prime Location" or "Position, position, position!" and then don't tell you where it is so you are forced to call the agent (when upon them telling you the location, you hang up on them).

I hate that too ...or when there is no price!! sheesh :mad:

Sort after area ... occassionally true

What about ...
Desperate vendor needs sale .... House about to collapse
Drastically Reduced ... overpriced to start
Must sell this weekend ... still there 4 weeks later
All serious offers considered ...if it's what I want

No wonder we don't take them seriously. :rolleyes:

Victorian Period Home, - Somewhere in Victoria and we have no idea what period the 35 no-permit renovations were done in.

Potential *something* stca - There has not been any development approved in this municipality for 50years

Here's a couple;

"There has been lots of interest, so I don't think your offer will be high enough",

and;

"There has been a higher offer made, so you'll need to make a counter offer".

This last one was after I made an offer on a block of land many years ago. I called the bluff by not making another offer; it was accepted.

Can't blame them; they have to get the best price for the Vendor, don't they?

Like Skater said.

Vendor says sell: Its for sale
Vendor has purchased elsewhere: Its for sale
Must sell this week-end: Its for sale
Developer liquidates stock: Its for sale
Deceased estate: Its for sale
Mortgagee in possession: Its for sale
Vendor moved into retirement village: Its for sale
Won't last at this price: Its for sale

der der and double der!

Simpsons episode: In the Red Blazer Realty office, Lionel Hutz approaches Marge.
Lionel: Marge, I had a lot of calls about you! Customers love your "no
pressure" approach.
Marge: Well, like we say, "the right house for the right person!"
Lionel: Listen, it's time I let you in on a little secret, Marge. The
right house is the house that's for sale. The right person is
anyone.
Marge: Well, that makes things a lot simpler,

AND

(Lionel shows Marge a realty catalogue. The first featured house
is extremely small.)
Marge: It's awfully small...
Lionel: I'd say it's awfully.. cozy!