Real Estate Speak

'updated bathroom' - has new towels or shower curtain

'light and bright' - we opened the curtains

'light and airy' - we opened the windows to get rid of the smell

'close to transport' - is on a main road

I do like the "close to transport" too - the one I saw was sort of under the train line..

"ideal to live in" - well that's useful for a house...

"ideal for trainspotting" - now at least there was some humour in there!

kaf

Just remembered another one that bugs me:

"Polished floorboards" - This simply means the floor is made of wood, and has nothing to do with the level of polish.

The other r/e speak that goes with the OTP property is;

"save on stamp duty".

Yeah; right.

Well in Victoria there is at least some truth in that :cool:

Compact or cute - absolutely NO room to move

First home buyer or investor - Only tenants or first home buyers would consider living in this dive

Astute investor - naieve investor (easily flattered)

The options are endless - it needs to be fully replaced preferably bulldoz and rebuild units "stca" refer earlier post by Daz for more details on "stca"

First to see will buy - desperate seller

Realistic vendor - demoralised vendor, recently failed at auction

Vibrant colour scheme - colourblind vendor (wear sunglasses)

Vibrant colour scheme - colourblind vendor (wear sunglasses)

Speaking of this one - it's amazing some of the paint you see inside houses these days!! In the one house you'll see bright yellow, purple, green, red - all inside the one place! It's not a feature wall when every wall is painted a different weird colour people! :eek:

Speaking of this one - it's amazing some of the paint you see inside houses these days!! In the one house you'll see bright yellow, purple, green, red - all inside the one place! It's not a feature wall when every wall is painted a different weird colour people! :eek:

The owner of the house next to ours does this.:confused: He had an IP that he was so proud of & he took me to look at it. Bright orange walls, aqua green, bright blue. Each & every room was a different colour. I really shouldn't have been surprised when I saw it, because the outside of the one next to us was painted dark green with dark blue & grey trim. He has now repainted it grey with a darker blue/grey & deep purple trim.

Then there is a large, double storey house just off a main road, near us where the outside is lime green, almost fluro (similar to the kudos dots). They have even painted the fences (both sides, so I pity the neighbours) the same colour. It is really attrocious. I'm scared to imagine what the inside is like.

This may diverge a little off the track, but over the last 12 months the phrase 'mortgage stress" or "rental stress" or "housing stress" has risen to prominence.

Isn't that just doing the hard yards and making sacrifices like every generation before? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upon browsing re.com one day I came upon...

"Pick your own cliche and/or slogan"

How refreshing this was....no stupid "guessing" game with the RE Speak...:):):)

Back