realestate.com.au "new" listing

Hi all,

Quick question, particularly for PMs and REA's...I have IP that has been available for rent for a few weeks, and as a result it is slipping down the list of properties listed on realestate.com.au, almost to the bottom. I have asked my PM if she could remove and relist it so it comes back to the top of the list, however she is saying that she can no longer do that due to the new rea.com format..Is this correct? Anyone else done this in recent time successfully?

It is more difficult to catch potential tenants attention if the ad is languishing at the bottom of the list.

Thanks,
Nadia

Yes I have heard that too as everyone was doing it!!

I think you can pay a fee (about $40) to have your ad listing in a special box before all the other ads for one week. That usually does the trick!

rubbish...

if she pulls it off the net completely and reloads it as a brand new property - it goes to the top.

the $40 Petal refers to is now about $95 I think - don't hold me to it, but it has gone right up. Of course, depending on the subscription the REA has, they get may get 5 free "feature properties" (what petal is talking about) per month and should be able to do that anyway.

True

It is true - but there is a way around it.

What the PM need to do is in the address field place a different street number and then select to hide street number and address.

If you want the address displayed simply add it to the title.

The listing will appear as new again.

Note:

when a default search is done on re.com the properties that appear at the top are Feature properties (red borders - cost $95 per month) then by age.

I don't do default searches - I either search by latest listing or by price - I don't find the default search helpful at all.

there are several ways around it...

that reload issue only applies if she deletes it and tries to reload - leave it off for 24hrs (used to be, may have changed...)

OR change the way the street is typed in etc. without putting a false address in (breach of terms) i.e. add full stops extra spaces and the like so the system doesn't pick it up.

many ways to fix it - most good agents will know them.

DISCLAIMER: all this of course (both collectors and my suggestions) may actually be a breach of the acceptable use policy published by REA. your Agent will need to check their exposure and liability to their agreement with REA before proceeding with anything that changes the listing. I do believe there is a minimum of 60days between removing a listing and putting it back on - under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Moving it up.

I had mine moved to the top when I suggested that the only option then would be to have it listed through another agent.;)

Do'nt know how they went about it though.

Cheers.

Me.

Back