Recalcitrant tenant

crest133 said:
Sorry you're having drama with a sick person, they increase the stress. However, I always take photos of abandoned goods, and the Tribunal dictates that if the cost of handling, transportation, storage and disposal of the goods exceeds their value, then you are allowed to take the option of dumping the lot at the tip.Fair enough too. However, because a few professional tenants have abused the system, it's vital to take photos to avoid the possibility they will later initiate a tribunal hearing to claim back their treasure4s which were all designer clothes and antique furniture.
good luck
Another chapter today.

I had stored this tenants goods (such as they were) in my storage area. It had gone past the period I was required to keep them- but it was the big council cleanup, and I was trying to get action, as my storage area was limited, and his stuff dirty.

PM managed to get in contact with him- he came and arranged for all his stuff to be removed.

PM stayed around the whole time (three hours)- to ensure ALL his goods were removed- and also to ensure that nothing else was (eg cartons of wine- it's an excellent wine storage area).

He put out stuff fot the council cleanup, which happened not too many hours later.

The PM has done a fantastic job to do all of that. She did have some of her own paperwork to do on site- but it saved me four hours off work. On my chargeout, that's four months PM fees paid for.

There's some bad PMs around, but this is definitely not one of those.

I love this geoff, it is just like 'days of our lives' ... it never stops. One day I will read the thread and you will say well it's all over I have a new tenant he pays the rent on time but ....

Back