Recommend a good brand for kitchen/bathroom taps please!

Hi,

I had a plumber out the other day to fix a leak from the skylight and I asked him to look at the kitchen tap as it has been persistently leaking for a while.

He took one look at it and said it is a cheap'n'nasty tap that was installed by the builder before I bought the house (it's 3 years old) grrrr! I hate it when builders take the cheapest option.

He gave me two choices - he can replace the cartridge inside the tap but he cannot guarantee it won't leak again or I can buy new good quality taps and he can install them for me.

As this house will soon become a rental I'm going to spring for new better quality taps for the kitchen and the 2 bathrooms (which has conveniently sprung a leak at the same time). I don't want to get maintenance requests from the PM for this so better to nip it in the bud before I rent it out.

Can anyone recommend what brand is a good quality one that does not leak and lasts for years without costing a fortune? Where from? I'm in Melbourne although happy to buy online anywhere.

Thanks
Sue

http://www.earlysettler.com.au/products/bathroom/tapware/rochelle-sink-mixer-q-spout-pvd.html

That's the sink tap I got to put in my house... It better not leak.

But honestly anything at bunnings that's the third cheapest or better should be fine (I've had the cheapest ones at bunnings screw up for me twice, the 2nd cheapest one seems to be working fine, but go for the 3rd cheapest for peace of mind :) Would be looking at about $100 for a sink tap. Also they are easy to install yourself if you want to save some money.

Back