Recommend a Perth property lawyer/solicitor

I've tried the searches and feel like I have to post despite still thinking this is a pretty basic question.

What's the difference between a property lawyer, property solicitor and a conveyancer?

As I understand it...
Property lawyer/solicitor: Legal qualification and able to advise as such and also do all aspects of conveyancing.
Conveyancer: No legal qualifications so can't advise but can do the conveyancing.

Is this right?

2nd...

Can someone recommend a property lawyer/solicitor in Perth? I'm trying to get my "team" together ready for my next venture and this is probably the best place to start getting some ideas.

Thanks
Jeff

It depends what you need them for - is it just a fairly "normal" property transaction or something trickier?

If its a relatively standard one, you're probably okay with most lawyers that can confirm they have experience in conveyancing matters.

Otherwise you might need a costlier property/commercial lawyer with more specific commercial and tax experience.

Solicitor is trained in most areas of law and can give legal advice generally.

A Conveyancer is trained in the laws and proceedures relating to property in general and concentrating on the conveying of title from one person to another. They can conduct legal work including giving advice in relation to the conveying of property.

A solicitor is more qualified and can give advice which the conveyancer cannot. This could include advice about trust structures, tax or succession issues.

Although solicitors are more qualified some conveyancers would be more experienced in dealing with conveyancing as that is all they do.

I'm expecting a fairly normal transaction though I might include some conditions in the offer that aren't completely standard. Nothing crazy though. I'm guessing anything too far outside 'normal' and it would be wise to have it written by a lawyer/solicitor (is there any difference?)

I'm guessing it is not too much of an issue just using a conveyancer 90+% of the time or there would be more threads about who to use

If its a standard deal in WA all you need is a conveyancer. I have used Kwinana Settlements numerous times. Hope that helps.

If its a standard deal in WA all you need is a conveyancer.

Who will probably refer you to a solicitor if it all goes pear shaped ;)

so·lic·i·tor
n.
1. One that solicits, especially one that seeks trade or contributions.
2. The chief law officer of a city, town, or government department.
3. Chiefly British An attorney who advises clients on legal matters, represents clients in certain lower courts, and prepares cases for barristers to present in the higher courts.
4. Canadian A barrister and solicitor

Back