Redcliffe Peninsula

Agree with everything you've said, Kevin, and for all the reasons you've stated!!! Good to see you back. :D

Cheers
LynnH

Thanks Lynn,

I haven't really been away as such, just busy these days and prioritising what is really important in life and after 20 years of marriage I've finally put family first over business. :eek:

I drove to Redcliffe again yesterday and the new bridge is going along nicely.

Redcliffe is a unique location because of it's "island like" location. It has an extremely strong community spirit and special needs like only a few other places because of it's waterfront and canalfront property. Canal homes are always in high demand on the Peninsula because it is the only northside location available to boaties, and trust me there are lots of them. Other than Redcliffe you have to travel all the way to Bribie Island.

The importance of the canal estates to the Peninsula is underlined by the recent name change to the canal estates at Kippa Ring and some of Scarborough to Newport. This new suburb will also incorporate the new canal estates yet to be built.

Cheers

Kev
www.kevinhockey.com

I lived there for a year a couple of years ago and after that experience decided I would not buy/live there for two main reasons.

1) The train line is not happening for a LOOONG time
2) If I wanted to live surrounded by Kiwis I would move to NZ (nothing against Kiwis)

I lived there for a year a couple of years ago and after that experience decided I would not buy/live there for two main reasons.

1) The train line is not happening for a LOOONG time
2) If I wanted to live surrounded by Kiwis I would move to NZ (nothing against Kiwis)

Point 2 well taken....there is plenty of Kiwi's at Redcliffe. My office I had there was fully employed with Kiwi's at one stage. Not sure how it reflects property investing but there's no doubting Redcliffe has a solid population of those from the land where man and sheep get along well.:D

Kev
www.kevinhockey.com

Oh one more reason, if you want to go to WOW Sight & Sound you have to cross the invisible border into the slums of Rothwell and Deception Bay, I don't think I have ever seen such an obvious difference between two council areas (being Redcliffe and Caboolture) - it is really like going over to the bad side of the tracks.....

Slum today..........desired address tomorrow.....time changes everything. Yes...I am a self professed "slum lord".....there a few on this site doing very nicely..;)

PS- I have a vested interest...as I bought a place in Deception Bay....agree it is a bit rough.....but give it time!

Oh one more reason, if you want to go to WOW Sight & Sound you have to cross the invisible border into the slums of Rothwell and Deception Bay, I don't think I have ever seen such an obvious difference between two council areas (being Redcliffe and Caboolture) - it is really like going over to the bad side of the tracks.....

All the one council now since the amalgamation. Moreton Bay council now I think it's called. Redcliffe, Caboolture and Pine Rivers have formed 1 council body.

As for sight and sound, I'd shop JB Hifi over them anyday.

Agree with you on D Bay but Rothwell is a good suburb for the area.

Cheers

Kev
www.kevinhockey.com

A useful page with information about the Kippa-Ring railway line.

Appears as if 2016 was the earliest the line might be finished and that was assuming the LNP won the last election (they didn't) and they kept their promises.

So... Don't hold your breath but would be a huge kicker for valuations in Redcliffe were it to go ahead.

Just reading some old threads about the Redcliffe peninsula at the moment, I'm looking forward to this rail line going ahead should the political promises hold this time.

Leads to a few interesting value areas to consider that will benefit from the line, generally should be great for the peninsula however.

geez I hope so!!!

only finally now sold a big 5 bedder at Margate we listed just under a year ago!!!

longest ever listing for me! very hard market out there now!!!!!!

i bought a 3 bedder in redcliffe in 2003 for 202k and now its 405k so its doubled in 7 yrs....the hot tip if you are buying in redcliffe is to buy east of oxley parade....

Yep....overalll Brissie market is very poor....which makes it really good for bargains.

Many vendors are still in denial-ville. Places that were for sale in January are still on the market...for the same price. They just keep changing agents, as if it's the agent's fault.

Back