Rendering

Trying to get quotes for the small rendiring job (two internal brick walls) in Melbourne and all help is more than welcome.

How much should I expect to pay per hour or SQM including materials? Also is it better to get it rendered and just paint it afterwards or include colour in render?

Anything else that I should be aware?

Can't really comment on price because it will vary dramatically from one quote to the next.

In terms of coloring - I prefer to paint, that way, if there's a chip in the render, etc you can touch it up with some paint.

Cheers

Jamie

I agree with Jamie,paint is the way to go.
I am always painting color finished render because it is damaged in one way or another,

We got a whole front of our house rendered. Round the 2-3k mark. (also did the back ourselves for a lot cheaper).

We painted - very easy to do, and as others have pointed out - can easily patch up ourselves.

Thanks for help. Highly appreciated.

I was quoted $600,- for about 6 SQM brick wall. Supposadly takes 1.5 days. Also he mentioned that at first he does rendering and in the following day after the original render has dried out he renders with colour. Does that sound right? :confused:

I imagine the reason he applies the color is that it is more expensive and better to put cheap stuff on first.
Couldn't you just paint it yourself and save some dollars?

Does the 600 also include sand,cement,clay etc?

Yes, but I did not specified them, because I did not know what is required. How much you think that the materials cost? He just mentioned that the price is all inclusive.

After reading all the below responses we might paint it by ourself just like Painter suggested. Another question: Is there any specific type of paint to use on rendered walls?

Yes, but I did not specified them, because I did not know what is required. How much you think that the materials cost? He just mentioned that the price is all inclusive.

After reading all the below responses we might paint it by ourself just like Painter suggested. Another question: Is there any specific type of paint to use on rendered walls?
No,just a couple of coats of acrylic,first coat will suck it in so be warned,second coat is lots better.

Thanks for help. Highly appreciated.

I was quoted $600,- for about 6 SQM brick wall. Supposadly takes 1.5 days. Also he mentioned that at first he does rendering and in the following day after the original render has dried out he renders with colour. Does that sound right? :confused:

Can you remeaseure your walls? Are yo sure its 6sqm?You said 2 walls.

6sqm seems very small, that will take him no more than halve day.

Can you remeaseure your walls? Are yo sure its 6sqm?You said 2 walls.

6sqm seems very small, that will take him no more than halve day.

My apologies...

:eek: I had a completely blonde moment :D

When checking my measurements area is 10 SQM all up, two small walls.

No idea where I got 6 SQM from:confused::confused:

Back