Renovating for Dummies?

I've been watching the Reno Kings on ACA and I've read the thread. I'd like to try simple renovating, eg, painting, new carpet or polished floorboards, new curtains/blinds, new bathroom/kitchen.

Besides going to one of the Reno Kings' seminars are there any other ways I can learn about renovating, like a step by step guide to renovating?

I'm starting an evening course in Interior Decorating and Design next week so that will be helpful with choosing colours to create a total effect etc.

Renovating

I would start buying different house and garden magazines, they have all sorts of cool ideas in them.

Websites are really good sources of information to. There an American one House and Garden Television, can't remember the site name but just use a search engine to find it. The Australian one that I use to use which was really good was the "Our House" site. Again, do a search for it.

Good luck
Queen Bee:)

Bunnings DIY classes (free) are great. They have them every weekend.

Also, the Family Handyman magazine is pretty good too, with lots of tips and ideas.

we had a good discussion on DIY floor sanding and polishing on this forum back in May.
Maybe do a search and read some of these comments aswell.

Re: Renovating

Originally posted by Queen Bee
I would start buying different house and garden magazines, they have all sorts of cool ideas in them.

Websites are really good sources of information to. There an American one House and Garden Television, can't remember the site name but just use a search engine to find it. The Australian one that I use to use which was really good was the "Our House" site. Again, do a search for it.

Good luck
Queen Bee:)

The Our House one is here - http://groups.msn.com/OurHouseDIYClub/_whatsnew.msnw

Originally posted by kylie500
Bunnings DIY classes (free) are great. They have them every weekend.

Or MagnetMART in the ACT - free classes & with free sausage sizzles every saturday :)

MagnetMART also carry a range of books which are very good guides on how to do stuff - titles like Walls & Ceilings, etc...I don't know where else they are available.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back