Renovating For Profit Course - Anyone Been?

Anyone going to the Stuart Zadel 2 day seminar comming up in May in Perth?
I got 2 free tickets, not sure if l can attend yet though. Aparently they are worth thousands;)
Has anyone been to this seminar on the East coast.

It called
The ultimate Think and Grow rich property entrepreneurs conference.
Really apreciate any feed back
cheers

Those tickets are always free. I have been spammed free tickets every few months...:rolleyes:

My apologies - I meant the 'Reno King's - Property to the Max' Course in 2005! Thinking about money spinners – and there is nothing wrong with that :p I remember our table doing the sums and we came up with, roughly $1500 pp (Plus the extras - I'm a sucker for books and CD's!!) x 300 participants!! Peter Spann was the speakers – he was quite entertaining.

I would love to do the Renovating for Profit Course - hence, how I found this thread to read the reviews. When I watched their video, I liked how they were doing Reno’s at the high end for profit, a much different approach to the Reno Kings Course and loved their vast experiences, so yes, I would pay that much. Someone else also commented on their step-by-step approach and found that very helpful.

And another thought, it would to good to hear more speakers, talk about their investments in this current market. When Peter Spann spoke, his property reno's wasn't something that could be found in market of that time
(2005).

Is it just me or is Sarah Beeney either

a) Pregnant 365 days a year
b) A fatty boombah

I've seen Sarah Beeney in another show, I think it was about working mums, and she said her boobs exploded when she was breast feeding. If you look again at old episodes, she's only big up top.... That is, when she is not pregnant! :p

Sorry off topic.

I'm just thinking of attending. There's a lot of comments here re it being expensive and "you could learn from books",

But I just don't see an alternative for myself at the moment to get real practical lessons, feedback and a system to follow to give me the confidence? Looked at some books but they don't really do it for me. Why wouldn't a $5k layout be seen as a good investment if it gets me the confidence & knowledge to get going and have a go at renovating?

I'm just thinking of attending. There's a lot of comments here re it being expensive and "you could learn from books",

But I just don't see an alternative for myself at the moment to get real practical lessons, feedback and a system to follow to give me the confidence? Looked at some books but they don't really do it for me. Why wouldn't a $5k layout be seen as a good investment if it gets me the confidence & knowledge to get going and have a go at renovating?

What if it doesn't?

Honestly, the first reno we did, we broke even (based on spend and improved cap val.), which was way below the $x profit we expected to make! But it was a GREAT learning experience, something that I could never have got from books OR seminars.

If you want to do renovating, then just go buy a cheap-ish house that is structurally sound (you don't want to "waste" money on stumping, wiring, plumbing), but needs a makeover and give it a go.

The thing that comes with experience is how to pick areas and calculate costs. This is something that is detailed in the course.
Personally I think it would be more beneficial if you had done at least some basic renovating before doing the course.
Although the course pushes not being hands on.

The course looks very detailed and informative. There are LOADS of proformas, DVD's etc and the workshop. One successful reno will more than recoup your money.
Personal though.

Old thread. See quite a few faces that were around a while ago - and still here.

Seminars are a very individual thing.

Yes you can get all the information from books/somersoft.

BUT - the seminar packages it all up into one neat piece of learning.

There are some good comments in this thread around having done some prior experience before attending this course as it will help cement the learnings. However dont a number of these courses have free re-attendance?

The other benefit of a course is the networking opportunities. Loads of other like minded individuals attending whom you can meet and continue to bounce ideas off (adding to you mastermind group).

thanks for the feedback

actually - is there another course one would compare to the practical nature/checklists/dvd's of the course for renovating specifically of "Renovating For Profit Course"???

Back