Rental property HUGE water usage Q

I'm currently in an rental property and my water usage is up to 1,800 litres per day! I'm certain there is a problem here as I'm barely home. I've been watching the neigbours units ( same size etc ) usage averages about 400litres...

I intend to call the property manager tomorrow but whats likely to happen? and what can I do to make them find the fault an refund my bill???

1800 litres a day, is that all!!

I'm currently using over 5000 litres a day and that is well less than half what I was using a month ago.

I suppose my situation is a little bit different, as I'm on a rural property, with irrigation...:p

bye

Hi Jus

pssoibly a leak

PPOR went from 700 to 1900 a day fo 2 mths

found that the culprit was a 20 year old gal pipe 600 mm underground on a 37 degree day :(

ta
rolf

Check whether the meter is turning when you know that everything in your unit is turned of.

If it is moving (you may need to leave it all turned of to give it time to move) then you have a leak. Obviously also check any leaking taps or running cistern, particularly the cistern as this can leak and you may not even notice.

Cheers

Hopefully I can be a little more helpful than Bill. :p

There are three of us in a house with a swimming pool. Our usage for the last quarter was 593kl per day.

We use 300L a day and there are 4 of us, one of whom likes to take very deep baths with everyone except me. And we have a 1350sqm garden, although most of it is just trees that need removing and I only water the veggie patch and the landscaped bit.

Once we realised how ridiculously cheap water is we stopped trying so hard to conserve water - we were using rather a lot less than that when we first moved here.

Back