Replacing an oven element

Do you know how many different mobile phone chargers are there ?!!!!!
all the thousands of different bits would be so much cheaper, could be only got if you need them, if they ALL were the same. I cant see any reason why even the same manufacturer needs 15 different plugs on 4.5v chargers for different phones

i doubt investigators could tell the difference if a plug in element was installed by the owner or an electrician.
Yes but thats not the point in question - its hard wired so only an electrician can repair it.

maybe, but i'm sure they would believe "it was like that when i moved here, i know nothing."

And there in uncovers a loose end for further investigation.

You see it not what someone doesnt say that convicts them, its what they do say that does. No one has ever been convicted for saying nothing.

Last edited:
Just another electrician chipping in I don't do much domestic work myself and it does appear to be quite an easy task to do, my main worrys are that people sometimes fail to isolate the stove properly and once you open the back of an appliance there is often live terminals and a lot of bare metal and you are usually cramped for space all of which can lead to bad outcomes, another thing is the proximity of the terminals to the cover when it is replaced there is not much room for error and thirdly as was mentioned earlier if something happens i.e. the tennant gets hurt or there is a fire and it leads back to you, jail and a great deal of pain could well be your future. I know the pain of paying for an electrician as my IPs are in Brisbane but my advise is just pay them put it on your costs and sleep easy.

Also, if your tennant sees an unqualified person doing electrical repairs, they could put you in a helluva lot of trouble with one phone call. Beware!

Back