Replacing gas oven

Hi guys

I have a old gas oven that is really tall built into the wall of my apartment. - if I want to remove and put a new one in. What is the cheapest you recommend that is for an IP.

Does anyone have any recommendations and also who to contact that can remove an old oven out and install a new one I assume it has to be gas as it would be cheaper then getting electricity rewired.

Thanks

Just went through a similar issue.
Its not too hard to take out the gas oven.
There should be a gas point that you can unscrew the gas to the oven. Just make sure you turn off the gas completely first.

Once removed, buy a new oven (make sure it fits the hole) then get an plumber to install it.

There is a possibility that existing gas oven may not use a power point and the new one will. You should check if there is a power point accessible, otherwise you will need to get an electrician to install one for you (after you've removed the oven).

And its definitely cheaper to replace a gas oven with a gas oven. While gas ovens are more expensive than electric ones, any cost saving moving to electric is lost by needing to get an electrician to bring new electrical cables to the oven location (this is because electric ovens draw a lot more power than your standard power point).

Back